PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Monday Night Favreball reaches a new low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money quote:Early in the pre-game broadcast Steve Young tried to bring some sanity to the proceedings, saying that quarterbacks don’t just come into a new team and start flinging the ball around 40 times a game.

Stuart Scott reacted as if Young had just drop-kicked the family puppy: “Brett Favre can’t fling the ball around 40 times a game?!!,” he demanded angrily, his one good eye bugging out of his head.

CHFF: Young was right. BrettFavre is 160-94 (.630) in the regular season over the course of his career. But in games in which he throws the ball 40 or more times, he’s a pathetic 26-43. BrettFavre is also 0-4 in the playoffs when asked to throw 40 or more times, or a combined record of 26-47 (.356) when asked to carry the load. In other words, nearly half of Favre's regular-season losses, yet just one-sixth of his victories, came when he was asked to carry the load. To put Favre's numbers into perspective, consider that Tom Brady is 17-8 (.680) in games in which he passes 40 or more times (including 4-1 in the playoffs). The notion that BrettFavre carried the Packers all those years is, in stark, irrefutable terms, complete bullsh*t.

Great article satirizing the Favre ballwashing

my boy rivers is 1-4 when throwing 40 times :(

"ESPN reporters fully engorged themselves on BrettFavre’s manhood on the sidelines"

:rofl:

I gotta admit, I never thought the love affair with Favre was that great. Yeah, his retirement and move to NY made alot of waves, but its a story. But WOW, those ESPN boys just couldnt get off his jock. And how about the camera crew showing nothing but Jets fans in the stands. Hello?! the game was in San Diego! They need to let that story die and let Favre be. I miss Michaels/Madden on MNF.

imagine if this article were posted on the jets board...

BrettFavre played his entertainingly ineffective “gunslinger role” to perfection. He threw three TD passes, but with one pick that was returned for a TD and another in the end zone that cost the Jets a shot at a late desperation score: two picks that equaled a potential 21-point swing. At least two other BrettFavre passes were thrown into the hands of Chargers defenders but were dropped, many other passes missed the mark badly, and at one point BrettFavre wildly tossed an underhanded pass at nobody, as he was being taken down for a sack.

How does anyone take this guy seriously. He consider a pick on a 2-point conversion an actual interception. C'mon??? Even a high schooler knows better than that. Brett Favre did throw 2 picks but one was to cro and another to the Safety. A pick on a 2 pt conversion is technically not an intersection. LMAO

I gotta admit, I never thought the love affair with Favre was that great. Yeah, his retirement and move to NY made alot of waves, but its a story. But WOW, those ESPN boys just couldnt get off his jock. And how about the camera crew showing nothing but Jets fans in the stands. Hello?! the game was in San Diego! They need to let that story die and let Favre be. I miss Michaels/Madden on MNF.
dude...madden would have jumped out the booth ran down to the field and told brett to hop on his back so he could carry him away from the beating

dude...madden would have jumped out the booth ran down to the field and told brett to hop on his back so he could carry him away from the beating

I know, he's Favre's groupie. But aside from that, I like him as a broadcaster. He's certainly better than Hornhole and Jaws.

good stuff for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft