PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT : Miami 2020 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am looking at the total health of my franchise is this scenario. Is Burrows a face of the franchise guy for the next 10 years? Is he Patrick Mahomes or is he Mark Sanchez? Can I take my stud LB at 5 and then get Hurts or Fromm in the next round, and they can be Mr Right Now for the next 2-4 years.

Burrows is going to be selected #1 overall, so he will be the face of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I don't understand this "Mr. Right Now" thing. Jalen Hurts and Jake Fromm are not nearly the prospect that Tua Tagavailoa is. Even if Isaiah Simmons is available there, the difference between Isaiah Simmons and, say, Jordyn Brooks is not nearly the difference in potential talent level between Tua and Jake Fromm at a far more critical position.

Burrows is going to be selected #1 overall, so he will be the face of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I don't understand this "Mr. Right Now" thing. Jalen Hurts and Jake Fromm are not nearly the prospect that Tua Tagavailoa is. Even if Isaiah Simmons is available there, the difference between Isaiah Simmons and, say, Jordyn Brooks is not nearly the difference in potential talent level between Tua and Jake Fromm at a far more critical position.
Ok, let's talk about Tua. How can anyone be assured that his injury doesn't change who he is as an athlete? I know there's 28 years in medical advancement from Bo Jackson's injury to Tua's. How can we be assured that he's the same? No one has seen him play.

There is only very limited time and reps to make rookie QBs NFL ready. Even top picks need that time.

Instead they should just trade one of the early picks into next year to have another shot at a QB after a full season of evaluating whoever they pick this time around.

And in addition, the QB who doesn't start/get reps becomes an unknown and sees their value plummet....so why waste high picks on players you would only be able to flip for a lower pick later.

Didn't the Redskins take two starting QBs and now they have none? (think it was RG3 and Cousins IIRC)

Didn't the Redskins take two starting QBs and now they have none? (think it was RG3 and Cousins IIRC)
Kinda gets to my point of ownership is the problem.

I wonder what any team will offer for former first round pick Josh Rosen.

He is still young, but sheesh...

Plus he's relatively cheap and under control for 3 years.

Send him to Cleveland the fans had a huge love affair with Bernie Kosar there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes