PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mahomes and Kelce are big babies - what's wrong with Chiefs O?

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Watching the Raiders beat the Chiefs yesterday with Mahomie costing his team with 2 back to back horrific turnovers was delicious. But did folks see Kelce slam his helmet and Mahomie with tears in his eyes on the sideline? Good heavens, these guys are babies. Watching them implode this season has been glorious.

Oh. Enjoy the following over some coffee this morning.

Lack of weapons. Every team has a window. Theirs might be closing.

Mahomes and Kelse have been buying into the hype and the ensuing entitlement. The premature calls of a Chief Dynasty in the media. Doing commercials rather than being laser focused on winning.

Still, I wouldn't count them out next year or the year after. Mahomes is still dangerous. Kelse's probably on the back 9. This might not be their year but you never know going forward.

Mahomes and Kelse have been buying into the hype and the ensuing entitlement. The premature calls of a Chief Dynasty in the media. Doing commercials rather than being laser focused on winning.

Still, I wouldn't count them out next year or the year after. Mahomes is still dangerous. Kelse's probably on the back 9. This might not be their year but you never know going forward.
They should have kept Hill ...

Honestly, I believe they’re a product of their own hype. I think they bought into being the next dynasty and Mahommes being the next Brady. That’s falling apart this year and aren’t handling it well.

Honestly, I believe they’re a product of their own hype. I think they bought into being the next dynasty and Mahommes being the next Brady. That’s falling apart this year and aren’t handling it well.
All of their commercials are predicated on them both being the next GOATs or whatever. I think they are high on their own farts and thought they'd just roll over every other team without much effort. Wonder what the effort has been like off the field this year, if it's been lessened. Also have to wonder if the constant "Swiftie" attachment has been a distraction. They've started viewing themselves as celebrities.

I think the Bengals pretty easily handle KC next week even with Browning. Then the Chiefs may end up needing a win against the Chargers in the final week to not get knocked out of the playoffs entirely.

1) Receivers are not great. Toney cannot hang onto the ball to save his life, MVS lined up offsides Christmas Day, after Toney had the same penalty that got the TD off the board. That's a coaching point to be sure, but the players still have to think and... do their job. Mahomes is not as cerebral as needed to be in the GOAT conversation. He should be telling his receivers to back up before getting into the cadence.
2)Too much hype. Mahomes has really showed a lack of maturity this year. @PatsfanTN has it right on the money.

no Tyreek Hill, mahomes making $46million means the roster cant be as good around him.

and lets not forget kelce isn't much longer for this league. guy is Gronks age.

Too bad we couldn’t get it done against them last week. They’d be on the playoff brink right now and the meltdown if they miss out would be just amazing to watch. I know @SHOWTIME15 agrees with me.

Too bad we couldn’t get it done against them last week. They’d be on the playoff brink right now and the meltdown if they miss out would be just amazing to watch. I know @SHOWTIME15 agrees with me.
They still could be out of the playoffs. Bengals will not be easy this week. They they have the Chargers who always play them tough.

They still could be out of the playoffs. Bengals will not be easy this week. They they have the Chargers who always play them tough.
Next week, we just need this:

- Chiefs lose to Bengals
- Raiders beat Colts AND/OR Broncos beat Chargers

If that happens then the final week will be a potential playoff elimination for KC. It's Broncos vs. Raiders in the final week, if one or both of them have a win in the prior week then another win in that last week would allow that team to take the division away from the Chiefs if the Chiefs lose to the Chargers. The Chiefs may crack under the pressure, while the Chargers will be playing loose in their final game.

They are having problems with their offensive line. Raiders crushed them. Chiefs are looking at one and done. Maybe 1 playoff win if they get the right draw.

What is it with this board and Chief's fans? Are they so in awe of Pats/Brady etc that they just love to hang out here and soak up the greatness?
People in the media anointed Mahomes as the new GOAT so they came here to gloat. Plus lingering psychological scars from beating them in the playoffs.

Tough year for them they aren't going anywhere this year but I'd expect them to be right back in the hunt again next year. Mahomes is too good for them not to be but the rest of the roster needs a lot before they win another SB.

Your world view astonished me.
Do you honestly think that someone focused on winning has no time at all throughout a year to film a commercial?
Do you think that they work 16 hours a day in the off season, and filming a commercial (or going on vacation, spending time with their family, doing any kind of recreational activity, reading, watching a movie, etc etc) is a lack of commitment to winning? Seriously?

This is why im suprised they didn’t make a play for Hopkins. They only have a couple years before kelce and reid step away you can always pass the buck to fit someone under the cap until then. That could be the end of the run once those 2 are gone, neither are replaceable

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back