PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Lawrence Taylor thought BB was the towel boy

E_ZbHF.gif

"Well, I think I had the honor of coaching the greatest defensive football player in the history of the game, and he helped make me a great coach, I'll tell you," Belichick said on NFL Network.

• Lawrence Taylor cultivated Bill Belichick.
  • It is likely that Bill Belichick never would have made it as a coach in the NFL if the Giants hadn’t drafted Lawrence Taylor.
  • Bill Belichick wasn’t a finished product going into his first year as a coach.
  • Lawrence Taylor deserves a lot of credit for the Patriots dynasty, since Bill Belichick learned from him.
  • Bill Belichick wasn’t an elite defensive coordinator early in his career because Phil Simms was more important in the Super Bowl, going 22-25 and winning SB MVP.

BB has directly benefited from coaching the #1 and #2 greatest football players in NFL history.

for some reason i thought it says “Trevor Lawerence” in the title at first

But people want to bash BB for it. Might as well ding Red, Phil, Walsh, Landry, Noll, Pops while we are at it.
1) People bash Bill because they don't like his prickly demeanor with the media.
2) Why stop with this list? Connie Mack never managed the modern ball player. I could probably find a way to bash Scotty Bowman if I thought hard enough.

1) People bash Bill because they don't like his prickly demeanor with the media.
2) Why stop with this list? Connie Mack never managed the modern ball player. I could probably find a way to bash Scotty Bowman if I thought hard enough.
Scotty wasn't exactly Mr. Congeniality with the media. He took a lot of heat dumping Paul Coffey. He only won 3 Cups afterwards...

Scotty wasn't exactly Mr. Congeniality with the media. He took a lot of heat dumping Paul Coffey. He only won 3 Cups afterwards...
Imagine Bill winning 3 more. People would lose their minds.

Imagine Bill winning 3 more. People would lose their minds.
I remember Chuck Noll getting some heat in the early 80s for not winning SBs..Oh he needed Bradshaw, Green, etc.

The in 84 he took the Squealers to the AFCCG with Mark Malone as his QB.

I see BB doing the exact same thing. May not win another SB but I have no doubt they'll be back in the playoffs.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back