Votes: 93 66.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Larry Johnson rumored to be released

i would ,he not that bad and he still only 29 years old

He IS bad. His knees are practically bone on bone. He's also a terrible head case, a malcontent, and has issues with the law.

Last edited:

Really...No...I don't think he's needed here...injured, malcontent...no...Just don't think he fits...IF they were to pick him up, off season would be a lot better..no way now..

If the Chiefs released him, how much does he have left?

It would depend on a number if things with the least important of them being salary as it would not be guaranteed.

-Would he behave off the field and in the locker room?
-Can he pick up the offense?
-What is his physical condition?
-What is the prognosis for Morris and Taylor?

If they have not already, I'm sure the Pats and Pioli will have a very frank convo about him.

If the answer is "no" or "not good" to any of these questions, IMO you need to pass.

If the Chiefs released him, how much does he have left?

I don't think what he has left in the tank has anything to do with why they would release him now.

I don't think what he has left in the tank has anything to do with why they would release him now.

It has a lot to do with it actually. If he was rushing for more than 2.7 YPC this year with no TDs, I don't think he would be cut for twittering negative things about the coach.

We don't need an broken down RB with an attitude problem who probably isn't even good enough to be activated for games. Larry Johnson would become our worst RB if he was added.

Last edited:

He would fit better with the Raiders or Ravens...

Have you seen him play this year? Seriously, he's slower than herd of turtles rampaging through peanut butter in the middle of january.

Have you seen him play this year? Seriously, he's slower than herd of turtles rampaging through peanut butter in the middle of january.

Gotta use that one with my little ones during the bed time routine....Well done :D

BTW . . . that article you posted is dated from April 2009.

Plus, we are out of diapers.

I think his lack of success recently has a lot more to do with his level of frustration of being in a losing environment more than a deterioration of his physical skills. When this kid is on, he is one of the leaugue's better RBs. He has great running skills, excellent vision and he's a big, strong back @ 6-1, 230 who is deceptlively fast. He runs hard and low and knows how to run behind his blockers -- he sees the hole really well. He's consistently, throughtout his career, made people miss once he gets to the 2nd level. He's also a solid receiver out of the backfield, look at his career stats. He's also a decent blocker. At the right price and Patriot style supervision as well as a low risk contract he's worth a look. He's not as good as Dillon was when the Pats acquired him but he can be a productive player in the right situation. I think the Pats have proven that they can handle players like this guy. I think the Pats would have some level of interest, players with his talent level don't ususally become available this time of year.

Larry Johnson

I don't know about any knee injury but he's had neck and foot issues in the past.

Last edited:

He has talent but his off-field actions certainly leave some huge question marks.

I think his lack of success recently has a lot more to do with his level of frustration of being in a losing environment more than a deterioration of his physical skills. When this kid is on, he is one of the leaugue's better RBs. He has great running skills, excellent vision and he's a big, strong back @ 6-1, 230 who is deceptlively fast. He runs hard and low and knows how to run behind his blockers -- he sees the hole really well. He's consistently, throughtout his career, made people miss once he gets to the 2nd level. He's also a solid receiver out of the backfield, look at his career stats. He's also a decent blocker. At the right price and Patriot style supervision as well as a low risk contract he's worth a look. He's not as good as Dillon was when the Pats acquired him but he can be a productive player in the right situation. I think the Pats have proven that they can handle players like this guy. I think the Pats would have some level of interest, players with his talent level don't ususally become available this time of year.

Larry Johnson

I don't know about any knee injury but he's had neck and foot issues in the past.

Just because he is a malcont doesn't mean he isn't done. Even with a black coach that gets him unlike white coaches (those are his words, not mine), he had two crappy years his last two years under Herm Edwards.

Larry Johnson is just one of those bruising backs who breaks down around 30 because of the punishment he takes and the fact that Herm Edwards overused him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots