PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Junior Seau 30 for 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just watched the ESPN documentary about Junior Seau 30 for 30. It is an unbelievable documentary and upsetting.

If anyone would like to watch it let me know and I can send you the link.

Definately a sad ending to what had been a joyous career... Was not following Seau's life post football, so I was quite surprised at how things ended up...

Definately a sad ending to what had been a joyous career... Was not following Seau's life post football, so I was quite surprised at how things ended up...

Sounds like his CTE really did completely change him in every single way

I couldn’t/wouldn’t watch it (especially after watching the 30 for 30 on the Hillsborough tragedy the night before).

I’d rather remember the great player who showed how much he loved the game on the field.

Rest in Peace to someone who, by all accounts, was an incredible human being.

I'm sure it was incredibly well made, respectful and made every effort to talk positively about Junior's life but also kept it real.

With that said, because his life ended so tragically I'm not sure it's something I want to re-live as a fan of his.

I'm sure it was incredibly well made, respectful and made every effort to talk positively about Junior's life but also kept it real.

With that said, because his life ended so tragically I'm not sure it's something I want to re-live as a fan of his.

It was definitely sad. He was having concussion issues since the age of 15 due to football.

It was definitely sad. He was having concussion issues since the age of 15 due to football.
I believe it.

He and I are roughly the same age and there wasn't that awareness for head injuries in the 70s and 80s like there is now. I had my share of concussions before the age of 18 and I didn't even play HS football (hockey, soccer, hoops, baseball). I can't imagine how many concussions/sub-concussive hits he endured.

Does anyone know if it will be available on regular espn ondemand? I heard it was on some espn streaming service to start, is that still the case? Thanks

I believe it.

He and I are roughly the same age and there wasn't that awareness for head injuries in the 70s and 80s like there is now. I had my share of concussions before the age of 18 and I didn't even play HS football (hockey, soccer, hoops, baseball). I can't imagine how many concussions/sub-concussive hits he endured.

I am simply amazed how concussions affect people. Seau became moody, irritable, and of course, suicidal due to the repeated hits he took. They even showed MRI images of how CTE changes the brain over time. It was shocking to say the least. If I ever have kids they’re not playing football.

I am simply amazed how concussions affect people. Seau became moody, irritable, and of course, suicidal due to the repeated hits he took. They even showed MRI images of how CTE changes the brain over time. It was shocking to say the least. If I ever have kids they’re not playing football.
IMO developing brains should not play tackle football. Full stop. Just like hockey for mites, squirts, peewee and even bantams....no checking.

No idea if that rule would help but it sure wouldn't hurt.

IMO developing brains should not play tackle football. Full stop. Just like hockey for mites, squirts, peewee and even bantams....no checking.

No idea if that rule would help but it sure wouldn't hurt.

The human brain supposedly is not fully developed until a person’s mid-20s...

The human brain supposedly is not fully developed until a person’s mid-20s...
Ah. I thought it reached it's full size, structure and abilities by 14. Chemically its still developing and maybe that is what stabilizes by the mid 20s?

I'm not a brain expert. Thought I read that in one of the BU studies..

Does anyone know if it will be available on regular espn ondemand? I heard it was on some espn streaming service to start, is that still the case? Thanks
It is available on demand now they aired it on ESPN real tv last night.

Yeah, the end of that was painful the watch.

sb-seau.jpg

This is the thing that kills me the most about '07.....

I loved Junior as a player. The documentary is just sad, but not particularly illuminating or interesting. I thought teammate and fellow CTE sufferer Gary Plummer had the best take: Junior had issues independently, but they were also likely exacerbated by the CTE.

Just watched the ESPN documentary about Junior Seau 30 for 30. It is an unbelievable documentary and upsetting.

If anyone would like to watch it let me know and I can send you the link.
View attachment 23155

This is the thing that kills me the most about '07.....
Yeah, the end of that was painful the watch.
Patriots-Junior-Seau-with-Tom-Brady.jpg

CL7MQFJW8AA5RUH.jpg

JUNIOR-SEAU-NEW-ENGLAND-PATRIOTS-ACTION.jpg
MV5BMTAxMjI3MjE2MzFeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDUwMDQxMDM@._V1_UY216_CR88,0,148,216_AL_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back