Will the Giants stand by their man?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bevis (Mara) and Butthead (Goodell) will bail on Brown faster than they supported him now that the truth is out and they have to sacrifice him to the indignant masses. The three of them are scumbags and deserve each other. One is a woman beater, the other two, corrupt liars who put their self interests above everything else. Not a shred of personal honor among the three.

This angers me. A great deal. It angers me that they knew (NFL security), lied about knowing, and they continue this charade. It angers me that a guy like Brady, who would be revered in any other major sport or business place faces what he did while people like Brown seem to get the benefit of the doubt until somehow outside the league unearths it...

I have two daughters. It angers me when I hear of men like Brown.

Don't you dare question their integrity, they basically invented the word.

@ Goodell

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

1 seems certain.
As for 2, yes, but when they negotiate an agreement with the NFLPA that they are going to be in the off-field morality business they need to not suck at it. I can't think of anything I have ever seen a league be worse at than the logic, sense and fairness of the discipline they hand out. Its like they can't remember what they did last time and start all over again.

Or, not leave the entire judgement to one man who happens to have terrible judgement.

This is going to be fun. Another incompetent investigation from the gang that couldn't shoot straight.
http://deadspin.com/king-county-sheriff-owns-nfl-calls-nfl-investigator-a-1788054321

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a while.

NFL: "we've made repeated attempts to get the information."

Cops: "some yokel with a Comcast email address asked us for information twice and didn't say who he worked for. We also got a couple of phone calls from someone who didn't say they worked for the NFL."

Isn't the commissioner supposed to be the head of NFL operations? This falls squarely on his shoulders for not hiring competent people who could implement competent processes.

If it was left to the individual teams, Ray Rice would have never missed a single down.
If it was left to individual teams, we'd see communities involved in coverup operations on par with big time college football towns.... with team administrators wheeling and dealing behind the scenes to keep Billy Bob and Dez off the front pages and on the field. Someone has to be the adult when there are 32 spoiled , entitled children that get their way more often than not.

Cops: "some yokel with a Comcast email address asked us for information twice and didn't say who he worked for. We also got a couple of phone calls from someone who didn't say they worked for the NFL."

Isn't the commissioner supposed to be the head of NFL operations? This falls squarely on his shoulders for not hiring competent people who could implement competent processes.

Actually, I don't think they wanted to find anything. "We did all we could, really". :rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think they wanted to find anything. "We did all we could, really". :rolleyes:
Well, that's the owner's influence. "We'll get him some counseling. Plus it's complicated." Mara basically said in August that there were two sides to every story so Mara put Brown's (and the Giants) side ahead of the abused woman's side. No wonder she didn't trust or cooperate in any way with the NFL.

Well, that's the owner's influence. "We'll get him some counseling. Plus it's complicated." Mara basically said in August that there were two sides to every story so Mara put Brown's (and the Giants) side ahead of the abused woman's side. No wonder she didn't trust or cooperate in any way with the NFL.

As others have already pointed out in this case where they are dealing with very serious allegations they gave the player a huge benefit of the doubt, while in Brady's case where they were dealing with silly allegations they gave him absolutely none. Seems legit.

This is going to be fun. Another incompetent investigation from the gang that couldn't shoot straight.
http://deadspin.com/king-county-sheriff-owns-nfl-calls-nfl-investigator-a-1788054321

The NFL's response:
Responding to reports of the sheriff’s comments, NFL Senior Vice President of Communications Natalie Ravitz wrote on Twitter that the NFL did, in fact, make it clear to police that the league was seeking information on Brown’s domestic violence case.

According to Ravitz, the NFL submitted a public records request on May 26, 2015, and a police report acknowledges that the league had requested information. Ravitz also said four different individuals working for the NFL contacted police.

“It was clear we were looking for info for months,” Ravitz wrote.

NFL disputes sheriff’s criticism of Josh Brown investigation

Would be curious to see this alleged police report. That said, I have no reason to believe anything the NFL says at this point.

If it was left to individual teams, we'd see communities involved in coverup operations on par with big time college football towns.... with team administrators wheeling and dealing behind the scenes to keep Billy Bob and Dez off the front pages and on the field. Someone has to be the adult when there are 32 spoiled , entitled children that get their way more often than not.
Why would they cover it up if discipline were up to the team rather than the league? The NFL is ferreting out crimes, its sitting back and giving itself authority to punish when something hits the news.

Let's see.... some sheriff I never heard of is saying one thing and the NFL is saying the complete opposite.

I'll believe the guy I never heard of because with him, there's at least a chance he is a honest, forthright individual.

For a $12b organization, while not surprising this level of disorganization, incompetence and lack professionalism is incredible

You almost wonder if they intentionally behaved this way so they wouldn't be given the info and could thus plead ignorance. Seems like they didn't follow proper procedures and protocols.

Either way, an embarrassment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents