PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Interesting QB stats from this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehalem

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Guess who is leading the lead in QB rating (excluding Julian Edelman who doesn't qualify despite having a perfect rating :D)

Our good old friend Ryan Tannehill :eek:. Number 3 on the list is... Kirk Cousins :eek:

And Jameis Winston is on track to throw for 5000 yards. And apparently became the first player in NFL history to throw for 450 yards in back to back games. It still possible for him to become the first player with 5000 yards and 30 ints in a season :D

Guess who is leading the lead in QB rating (excluding Julian Edelman who doesn't qualify despite having a perfect rating :D)

Our good old friend Ryan Tannehill :eek:. Number 3 on the list is... Kirk Cousins :eek:

And Jameis Winston is on track to throw for 5000 yards. And apparently became the first player in NFL history to throw for 450 yards in back to back games. It still possible for him to become the first player with 5000 yards and 30 ints in a season :D
Winston is still intriguing to me. Still young enough you might be able to shake some of those bad habits he has but intriguing.

Gase clearly isn't the QB guru some thought. LOL not sure why they thought that but its clear he sux. Not playing to either RT or Sam's strengths like hes working for the other team.

**** Kirk Cousins w a rusty pipe.

**** Kirk Cousins w a rusty pipe.[/QUOTE]
And Jameis Winston is on track to throw for 5000 yards. And apparently became the first player in NFL history to throw for 450 yards in back to back games. :D
Meh, Matt Cassel threw for 400 in back to back weeks in 2008..

I told you guys Tannehill was way better than Mariota and got laughed at lol

Winston is such a frustrating QB. There’s clearly talent there but he continuously makes some of the dumbest throws I’ve ever seen. He’s now on his third coaching staff and still makes the same mistakes he did his rookie year and the team has never really came close to the playoffs. If you’re the Bucs you’re in a weird spot because your coach is old and already retired once so probably don’t rebuild with Arians at the helm but Jameis is in the last year of his deal so do you pay a talented but severely flawed (off field as well) quarterback?

Ryan Tannenhill is a FA after this season. If possible we should seriously consider pursuing him. The dolphins org completely held him back with a trash O-line. The guy was pissing up blood because of how many hits he took.

Matt Cassel had one of the GOAT offensives ever. I dont believe Winston has even had his best reciever Mike Evans the past few games, although Godwin is still a top 10 reciever.

Winston is still intriguing to me. Still young enough you might be able to shake some of those bad habits he has but intriguing.

Gase clearly isn't the QB guru some thought. LOL not sure why they thought that but its clear he sux. Not playing to either RT or Sam's strengths like hes working for the other team.

Winston’s never had any kind of run game to support him.

Winston’s never had any kind of run game to support him.
Its always been something down there. Coaching, defense, lack of run game/threat like you said.

He certainly isn't blameless. INT's are his killer on the "QB Barter System". Definitely still intrigued by him & hoping we see him cut down on those mistakes. Very talented but scary as hell at times.

I told you guys Tannehill was way better than Mariota and got laughed at lol
That's an interesting "I told you so".

Regards,
Chris

Winston is such a frustrating QB. There’s clearly talent there but he continuously makes some of the dumbest throws I’ve ever seen. He’s now on his third coaching staff and still makes the same mistakes he did his rookie year and the team has never really came close to the playoffs. If you’re the Bucs you’re in a weird spot because your coach is old and already retired once so probably don’t rebuild with Arians at the helm but Jameis is in the last year of his deal so do you pay a talented but severely flawed (off field as well) quarterback?
Winston is one of the most inconsistent QBs out there. One moment he makes an awesome throw only to follow that up with a bone-headed INT.

For some time Winston had Evans and Godwin ( two WRs on top 5 when we are talking about YPG ). He threw bombs to them counting on their skills. Sometimes it looked like he just closed his eyes and gave a bomb towards one if them. His stats 30 TD vs 24 int. let's say are not impressive.
BTW - fix a bit our OL and give Brady Evans and Godwin and you will welcome TB12 with over 5000 yards l.

For some time Winston had Evans and Godwin ( two WRs on top 5 when we are talking about YPG ). He threw bombs to them counting on their skills. Sometimes it looked like he just closed his eyes and gave a bomb towards one if them. His stats 30 TD vs 24 int. let's say are not impressive.
BTW - fix a bit our OL and give Brady Evans and Godwin and you will welcome TB12 with over 5000 yards l.
Trust me I wouldn't hate trading for Godwin since Bill prefers vets but that would most likely a 1st (too much)

Trust me I wouldn't hate trading for Godwin since Bill prefers vets but that would most likely a 1st (too much)
Yeah,I know that. Otherwise Bucks seem to build the team around Godwin and wouldn't have interest to get rid of him.

Yeah,I know that. Otherwise Bucks seem to build the team around Godwin and wouldn't have interest to get rid of him.
They're looking at a ton of $ tied up between Winston, Evans & Godwin. We'll see what happens

It still possible for him to become the first player with 5000 yards and 30 ints in a season :D

He did it! Finished with 5109 yards and threw a game lossing pick-six in OT, for his 30th interception. Truly a player of destiny!

Ryan Tannehill also finished with the highest QB rating in the NFL at 117.5

That is higher than Brady in 2007 :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back