OT: I just missed getting to Jon Tomase

Status
Not open for further replies.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Although I try not to listen to sports talk radio, I was in the car Saturday and I heard this guy on WEEI talking about the Adam Jones incident last week. He was coming down hard on the fans because some of them were looking for proof and didn't just want to take Jones' word on it.

Then I found out it was none other than Jon Tomasy and it all made sense. Of course he's not interested in getting his facts straight before he spews his idiocy. That was when I thought to myself, here's my chance to get him on air, just as I had mentioned a while back to @Joker.

I got home as fast as I could, dialed WEEI and it rang. Some man answered and said that the show was cut short because of the Red Sox game and I was just too late. Damn!

Then I heard him again on WEEI this morning, arguing that same nonsense to Gerry Callahan. I had another chance. I got to the phone, dialed and again a man answered. This time he asks me who I am and what I want to talk about. When I told him he said a simple thanks and hung up on me. How the heck did he know?

I'm not giving up. I'll get a chance to Matt Walsh this guy some day.

We have the technology to facilitate such an endeavour after all....

Yep. That's the biggest question I came away with out of this post.

You posted a thread in the Patsfans main forum to tell us how you almost told a radio guy off because you don't want to believe there are racist Red Sox fans?

I suggest coffee when you wake up from such "almost" dreams...

Although I try not to listen to sports talk radio, I was in the car Saturday and I heard this guy on WEEI talking about the Adam Jones incident last week. He was coming down hard on the fans because some of them were looking for proof and didn't just want to take Jones' word on it.

Then I found out it was none other than Jon Tomasy and it all made sense. Of course he's not interested in getting his facts straight before he spews his idiocy. That was when I thought to myself, here's my chance to get him on air, just as I had mentioned a while back to @Joker.

I got home as fast as I could, dialed WEEI and it rang. Some man answered and said that the show was cut short because of the Red Sox game and I was just too late. Damn!

Then I heard him again on WEEI this morning, arguing that same nonsense to Gerry Callahan. I had another chance. I got to the phone, dialed and again a man answered. This time he asks me who I am and what I want to talk about. When I told him he said a simple thanks and hung up on me. How the heck did he know?

Don't you have any real friends to share your telephone tough guy exploits with?
In other news....I almost won the lottery

abe-simpson-gif.gif

I actually like your post, because a parsing of it brings up some excellent, and important questions. Unfortunately, it's a politics post. Best of luck with the thread though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft