PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hurricane player shot, teammate returns fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
A Miami Hurricane was shot in the buttocks after being confronted in his yard. The person fled after another Hurricane player pulled a gun from his pants and fired. Question, when The U scouts high school players, do they check their firing range scores?
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5805514?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=8393

Can someone tell me, please: why is it that when football players get shot (and it seems to happen a lot) it always seems to be in the *ss?

b/c the average football player's *ss takes up about 70% of his total body mass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike the Brit said:
Can someone tell me, please: why is it that when football players get shot (and it seems to happen a lot) it always seems to be in the *ss?

They all happen to be really big Three Stooges fans and figure that's the way it is done. The only place anyone ever gets shot in a Three Stooges film is the @ss.

Mmm, interesting suggestion ... though, somehow, I don't see Joey Porter as someone who strives for maximum comedy value.

damn. if Meriweather carries a gun..BB might not like him for next years draft. i was hoping he becomes our future Safety

Mike the Brit said:
Mmm, interesting suggestion ... though, somehow, I don't see Joey Porter as someone who strives for maximum comedy value.

Are you kidding? Have you seen any film of Porter doing his pre-game trash-talking to the other team? He's funny as hell. He just doesn't know it.

Remix 6 said:
damn. if Meriweather carries a gun..BB might not like him for next years draft. i was hoping he becomes our future Safety

Maybe it's just a BB gun ... Get it? :D

Mike the Brit said:

With the U players it means the same as being shot in the head.

Tunescribe said:
Are you kidding? Have you seen any film of Porter doing his pre-game trash-talking to the other team? He's funny as hell. He just doesn't know it.

Don't forget his 'soccer kick'. That injury of his where he threw his hip out after beating a rookie lineman and sacking the QB during practice was comedic gold.

Remix 6 said:

To be fair, though:

"Police said Meriweather used his gun legally."

scout said:
A Miami Hurricane was shot in the buttocks after being confronted in his yard. The person fled after another Hurricane player pulled a gun from his pants and fired. Question, when The U scouts high school players, do they check their firing range scores?
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5805514?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=8393
I can't believe this thread is here. We don't know what happened. Everything is all speculation at this point. This thread is in the wrong topic. These players will never be Patriots. How do you guys think these players children will feel having their families lives being dished on all over the Internet? The children....it's all about the children. [/ sarcasm]

ctpatsfan77 said:
To be fair, though:

"Police said Meriweather used his gun legally."
CT....keep in mind...you are talking to a primarily MA crowd where legal gun ownership is a foriegn concept.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been a lot of talk about a return to the glory days for Miami after a humilating year last year.

Looks like they have taken the first step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents