PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How not to long snap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calciumee

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
And we thought we have had problems at long snapper!

Raiders cant seem to do much right!

Raiders_PuntFail.gif

SD sux. they had 3 gifts handed to them on long snapping and came away with a total of 9 points as a result.

But Rivers thinks all is well because he didnt throw an int; so they must be good.:D

SD sux. they had 3 gifts handed to them on long snapping and came away with a total of 9 points as a result.

But Rivers thinks all is well because he didnt throw an int; so they must be good.:D

rivers is a certified goofball.

To be fair, BTW, that was the Raiders' backup LS, not their "starting" LS (who left with a head injury).

Looks like Lonie Paxton will be getting a call today.

And we thought we have had problems at long snapper!

Raiders cant seem to do much right!

Raiders_PuntFail.gif

People will mistakenly fault the player - When the blame for each of those snaps lies directly on the coaching staff.

OMG - that was pathetic. I couldn't help feeling sorry for the guy who must have been on the sidelines muttering to himself "and on national tv to boot..." The other thing I thought is that this wouldn't happen to the Pats, who prepare for every conceivable situation, and here is where that kind of prep pays off (long snapper unexpectedly goes down).

OMG - that was pathetic. I couldn't help feeling sorry for the guy who must have been on the sidelines muttering to himself "and on national tv to boot..." The other thing I thought is that this wouldn't happen to the Pats, who prepare for every conceivable situation, and here is where that kind of prep pays off (long snapper unexpectedly goes down).

There was a game versus the Colts where the Pats went for it on every fourth down instead of punting.

Turns out that was because Ken Walter(?) had been knocked senseless in the pregame warmups.

There was a game versus the Colts where the Pats went for it on every fourth down instead of punting.

Turns out that was because Ken Walter(?) had been knocked senseless in the pregame warmups.

See? The Pats had a plan to cover for it. The Raiders kept putting this poor guy out there. There were 3 blocked punts.

People will mistakenly fault the player - When the blame for each of those snaps lies directly on the coaching staff.

Definitely.

From the quick blurb I read it seems like the guy wasn't even really the backup. Just the guy that said he long snapped once in high school.

How the heck do you not have a second guy practicing long snaps? Every team has STers that should be able to do this. There's no way that guy had been practicing long snaps.

Definitely.

From the quick blurb I read it seems like the guy wasn't even really the backup. Just the guy that said he long snapped once in high school.

How the heck do you not have a second guy practicing long snaps? Every team has STers that should be able to do this. There's no way that guy had been practicing long snaps.

They would have been better served had they gone for it on 4th down, lined up in the shotgun, then had the QB quick-kick it.

Brady's done that at least once that I know of. Caused a fair amount of confusion on the other side as well.

Makes you wonder what the Patriots would do in Aiken went down in a game.

Ninko has long snapped in practice, so he'd probably do it.

Then again, someone's quipped that the Pats have a contingency plan for if one of the water boys gets sick mid-game. :)

Ninko is the backup, and I would bet ANYTHING that at least one backup to the backup has also taken multiple snaps in multiple Patriots practices and has been told to be ready.

They would have been better served had they gone for it on 4th down, lined up in the shotgun, then had the QB quick-kick it.

Brady's done that at least once that I know of. Caused a fair amount of confusion on the other side as well.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize that it was an absolutely horrific example of coaching from top to bottom.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for the guy... I chose to laugh

Between the rolling ball, hunched over stance and baseball infield, the punter looked like a bad little leaguer chasing down a ground ball.

Why wouldn't the regular center just long snap? At least he knows how to shotgun snap.

Was the funniest 15 min watching that game last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey