PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gronk to WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's what he wants to do with his life, then who are any of us to judge?

He doesn't owe anything to anyone - not the fans, not the Patriots, not Belichick or Brady.
Because wrestling today is quite stupid.

Do we get a comp pick?

If he's not playing football I have no intetest in his life ... but best wishes to him. He would make a great modern day 'Grand Wizard'.

23 Posts and no one has given a take on what Gronk to WWE means for Brady Watch!? Come on guys....

So with most of the country Patriot haters wouldn't it make sense for Rob to be a bad guy.

He could come out in a black robe and then reveal his Pats jersey.

He could have a SB ring hidden away in his leotards and pretend to constantly be reaching for it and look like he's hitting people with it.

Gronk to WWE will be a massive failure.

If he were willing to spend like 2 years in NXT and learn the craft, it may be interesting, but straight to the main roster? He'll be a bad sideshow that won't get over.

WWE is a in downward spiral. Decisions like that are why. Temporary rating boost, but makes the product worse and phonier.

He had a cushy job with Fox as an analyst. Not sure why he wants to go to the WWE with his spine as flimsy as it is. Those guys live their lives in a world of pain and the schedule is brutal.
He wasn't very good on air. I can't imagine Fox sports is rueing this potential path for Gronk all that much. It takes practice to make on air performances look easy. Some guys have it, not sure Gronk does unless he really works hard at that craft.

Isn't WWE fake though?
It’s scripted and also very dangerous. Rob would be fine if they use him primary as a non-in ring guy. If he was actually trying to become a wrestler I couldn’t imagine a worse career move for his physical health.

Good no more Gronk threads please.:rolleyes:

Gronks flimsy back will never hold up.

Mojo has talked him into it.

Tell him to read, "Have A Nice Day" by Mick Foley.
Same thing i was thinking. The abuse his body is about to take is no joke. Also, there is only one person who is more "my way or the highway" than BB, and that is Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Good luck with that

I just want the guy to be healthy in whatever he does. Seeing what Romo is going to make should be an incentive for all players to get into media and that is why I thought Fox could be a good thing for him. I guess he is hell bent on putting his body through physical hell instead.

I will just pray for him whenever I see him on the end of a suplex.

I just want the guy to be healthy in whatever he does. Seeing what Romo is going to make should be an incentive for all players to get into media and that is why I thought Fox could be a good thing for him. I guess he is hell bent on putting his body through physical hell instead.

I will just pray for him whenever I see him on the end of a suplex.

He can't be himself on a conservative pre-game show. WWE allows Gronk to be...Gronk.

Not sure if they test or not at WWE, but Gronk has been pushing CBD and that knowledge and probable use, would probably prohibit him from passing the NFL's mandatory testing and archaic drug policy...

If the new CBA is voted in....players will almost never get suspended for smoking weed (or using CBD oil). They'll just get fined ad nauseum.

I loved Gronk here...but he's become a sideshow.

You all think Gronk is powerless regarding the beating his body takes? There’s a reason contracts are negotiated. He’s not an idiot, and I’m guessing the WWE would like to change their public image.

if hes gonna be a wrestler, active one at that. Hes in for a world of hurt.

Not sure if they test or not at WWE

hehe I giggled at this.. they don’t test at all in WWE for anything I believe.. it’s not an athletic competition, it’s like a live acting performance

Most of those guys are roided out of their minds, you cannot naturally get as big as a lot of those guys are. The WWE is perfectly fine with it because they want humongous athletes as part of the spectacle that is pro wrestling

Weed and CBD cure everything, Gronkowski will be fine...

He had a cushy job with Fox as an analyst. Not sure why he wants to go to the WWE with his spine as flimsy as it is. Those guys live their lives in a world of pain and the schedule is brutal.

I'd think (and hope) he'd have a contract a la Brock Lesnar or Edge with respect to a certain amount of dates worked in to the contract and only a certain amount are based on in ring wrestling appearances.

23 Posts and no one has given a take on what Gronk to WWE means for Brady Watch!? Come on guys....

It's deserving of at least 2 separate threads!

Hell, I wonder outside of the mainstream publicity if this will actually work? I read somewhere when it was the TE's being interviewed at the Combine and many of them mentioned Kittle as an influence and Gronk wasn't mentioned once.

Last edited:
hehe I giggled at this.. they don’t test at all in WWE for anything I believe.. it’s not an athletic competition, it’s like a live acting performance

Most of those guys are roided out of their minds, you cannot naturally get as big as a lot of those guys are. The WWE is perfectly fine with it because they want humongous athletes as part of the spectacle that is pro wrestling
Why giggle?

WWE does have a wellness policy. A lot changed after Chris Benoit tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back