PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Grats to the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patstopia

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I really like the Bills, they were hit by some significant injuries and the rookies have stepped up. They should have beat Dallas! And now beat Baltimore. Welcome to 2nd place!

When Trent Edwards came in cold,without any game planning,andl looked like a ten year vet, I KNEW the Bills had found their QB to rebuild around. In the subsequent weeks, he has continued to display the POISE that all the good ones have.

Congratulations to the Bills. They are a hardnose team from a hard scrabble area and I really like their deserving fans. I look forward to many years of competition between the Pats and Bills. It will remind me of the early sixties... Except this time we have the horses and they are the ones conserving the balls of twine.

JP Losman is this year's MVP.

He's doing more for his team than anybody else.

Remember on draft day how Trent Edwards was one of the players ESPN had a camera on as he waited with friends and family? And waited, and waited... This was no "look what we found" surprise player. This was a guy many people had rated as a potential first rounder behind Russell and Quinn. 92nd pick! That's a lot of whiffs. Point to ponder: neither the Bears nor the Falcons drafted a QB at all.

Don't anoint Edwards yet. His best game of the season so far was his first game. Since then, he's done a good Trent Dilfer manage-the-game imitation.

Don't anoint Edwards yet. His best game of the season so far was his first game. Since then, he's done a good Trent Dilfer manage-the-game imitation.

That's OK in a league where lots of teams have lots of talent and their QB isn't worth spit. It could have won a Superbowl for the Bears last year. Or allowed the Ravens to knock off the Colts before they even got there.

That's OK in a league where lots of teams have lots of talent and their QB isn't worth spit. It could have won a Superbowl for the Bears last year. Or allowed the Ravens to knock off the Colts before they even got there.

Very true.

And if their HC could manage the games as well as his rookie QB has, so far, then the Bills would be 4-2.

Last edited:
Why does anyone want or congratulate an AFC East rival to win?

I want the east over by week 12 - Wins by division rivals slows the process a bit - I was hoping for Baltimore to win,After all its unlikely they are in the top 2 seeds anyway

I watched this game on my 2nd TV during the Pats game, I liked they way Marshawn Lynch ran against Ravens D. His numbers were only like 26 for 86 but he ran hard and made alot of people miss. I llike his long term prospects.

My wife's family is from upstate NY, so I always kind of root for the Bills when they're not playing us (or competing with us for playoff spots). I also liked the way Marshawn Lynch came across in ESPN spot on him and Buffalo's hot spots (Applebee's!) - did anyone else see that? Anyway, Marshawn came across as a really cool kid and nice guy - unlike the ass he replaced who is now in Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes