PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Last night game made me appreciate benny even more and what he does is amazing.

It was brutal towatch this all world RB who this forum member will trade in a heartbeat for benny fumble.

Every one had ravens as the best team in AFC and from what i can see they played like bullies but once the Jags started punching them in the mouth they just folded. The jag defence came to play and there CB`s deserve big kudos they manned up and prevented baltimore from getting anything going. 8 3 and 0ut in a row!.

Galbert looks good and what he needs is somegood coaching . Actually ponder looked better too .So if you throw Cam newton in i do not remember a time when 3 QB`s who where drafted in top 11 looking good through 6 weeks .

satz

Last edited:
Galbert looks good and what he needs is somegood coaching . Actually ponder looked better too .So if you throw Cam newton in i do not remember a time when 3 QB`s who where drafted in top 11 looking good through 6 weeks .
Gabbert was 9-of-20 for 93 yards. That's a bad day even if your name is Mark Sanchez. Then again, the only guy who could hold his head up after that game was the Jags' kicker. Everybody else was caught in a giant swirling maelstrom of FAIL.

Last edited:
Gabbert was 9-of-20 for 93 yards. That's a bad day even if your name is Mark Sanchez. Then again, the only guy who could hold his head up after that game was the Jags' kicker. Everybody else was caught in a giant swirling maelstrom of FAIL.

Disagree , again its not about numbers here. the baltimore pass rush was on him every throw. He was knocked down or hit or push around. He was rookie facing this. He did not turn the ball over and actually came back in the 2nd quater and threw a bit.He has only thrown 2 INT till now and takes care of the ball.

i say he is impressing me.

That Jaguars defense was possessed last night. Unreal how well they played.

That Jaguars defense was possessed last night. Unreal how well they played.

They spend 115 million on this year 2 brand new safeties , 2 LB [session and paul] and they all played well yesterday.We need another safety a FS type.the only guy in that mould is sergio who is hurt....

Disagree , again its not about numbers here. the baltimore pass rush was on him every throw. He was knocked down or hit or push around. He was rookie facing this. He did not turn the ball over and actually came back in the 2nd quater and threw a bit.He has only thrown 2 INT till now and takes care of the ball.

Gabbert was terrible.

I was also thinking about Benny. He knows something about ball protection. It's no accident that he never fumbles. Can what he knows be taught? If so, he's going to have a interesting post-football career.

Where's the accuracy, though? He's not even at a 50% completion rate on the season (60-for-123). He's not throwing to the enemy, but he's not doing a good job of getting the ball to his own players, either!

He's been serviceable to date, but not impressive enough for a first-round pick. He may become a good quarterback, but he's not there yet.

Last edited:
Last night game made me appreciate benny even more and what he does is amazing.

It was brutal towatch this all world RB who this forum member will trade in a heartbeat for benny fumble.

Every one had ravens as the best team in AFC and from what i can see they played like bullies but once the Jags started punching them in the mouth they just folded. The jag defence came to play and there CB`s deserve big kudos they manned up and prevented baltimore from getting anything going. 8 3 and 0ut in a row!.

satz
Dalton should also be included in this conversation, which brings the number up to 4 rookies

and as things seem now, they will ALL be starting next year, and will ALL be in the top 15-20 of NFL starting QB's jsut like that

for those who are bringing up Gabbert's statline: did you watch the game? At least a 1/3rd of those incompletions were drops, Gabbert had a good game, if you consider he is a rookie and playing the best NFL defense in the league this year he played great

Then again, the only guy who could hold his head up after that game was the Jags' kicker.

Hey, the Ravens' punter was good too! The game wouldn't have been close without him!

(Seriously though, neither defense had anything to answer for after that game, it was all on the offenses.)

I was also thinking about Benny. He knows something about ball protection. It's no accident that he never fumbles. Can what he knows be taught? If so, he's going to have a interesting post-football career.

Not really. It's a mentality, a mindset. BJGE runs pretty low and his gait is closed. He actually has a faster 40 time than Ridley, but sacrifices that speed to run low and closed. When running into crowd or contact, he'll envelope the ball with both arms and you always experience a loss of speed doing that, but it translates to ball security, and I would rather have that.

. Then again, the only guy who could hold his head up after that game was the Jags' kicker. Everybody

r u a vinnitari the kicker who won SB for pats fan?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick