PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former Patriot Dave Meggett gets 30 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy heck. I remember Dave Meggett very well.

Looks like he didn't exactly take to his post-playing days with grace.

That should bring the Woodhead comparisons to an end.

He was a Giant before being a Patriot and that's why he's in trouble.:rolleyes:

This could be a life sentence for him.

Holy [bleep]! I didn't even know he had been charged with anything, nor did I know rape had such a steep penalty. Did he have prior convictions?

Back in the spring of 1998, I was in a mall and found a sporting goods and memorabilia store that was having a going out of business sale. They had a white Meggett jersey for 10 or 15 bucks, and I bought it without a second thought.

Literally two days later was when the story broke that he was accused of sexual assault by that woman who he claimed was a "friend" that he gave a $500 "gift" to and she was so grateful she offered to have sex with him and his friend. I never wore that jersey in public once. In fact, I've never really worn it at all apart from trying it on a couple times in front of a mirror.

Anyway, what a cretin.

I hope someone makes him there ***** in jail.

Re: Former Patriot Dave Meggett Gets 30 Years

Retire from the NFL a millionaire and relocate to a remote island in the Caribbean or spend 30 years in the can? Decisions, decisions.

According to the article, this is like his fourth sexual assault legal problem, and he's using a public defender (suggesting lack of money). Another big-time post-career screwup.

On the field, he was Kevin Faulk with a better passer rating on the halfback option.

What a waste.

By the way, I don't think he made THAT many millions. He indeed needed to settle for a comfortable middle-class life post-NFL. So do it, dudes. A few million $ and a celebrity name should more than make up for the lack of resume/other work experience ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes