Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Interesting read on the former Patriot. Definitely wish him the best:

Crazy thing about this story is Jones admits that it was being cut by the Ravens that led to an examination after he was picked up by Denver and that's where he discovered the ailment. If it hadn't been for that, he says he may never have known about it, which could have been potentially tragic.

"If I would have not got cut by Baltimore, I would have never found out what was really going on with me," Jones said. "The congenital thing I was born with, that was overlooked my whole life -- luckily, the unfortunate didn't happen. They say the majority of the time, you never know until the worst thing happens -- you drop dead -- and, after the fact, they figure it out. So somebody has been watching over me this whole time, for 26 years."

Last edited:
Best wishes to him for a complete recovery, and good luck on the comeback trail as well...

Never should've been the 60th overall pick in the draft, however.

I pray for him and wish him the best in his attempt to come back. I'd have to think the odds are against him for multiple reasons, but I certainly would like to see him try and hopefully succeed.

On a human level, I hope he does well. He never seemed like a bad guy. Then to go through surgery like that? Yeah, rooting for him a little.

On a football level, as far as I can tell, he still can't play a position and the one he can play, returner, is compromised by poor ball security.

I always felt a little bad for Cyrus. I remember being happy for him when he returned that one punt for a TD in Baltimore.

I wish him health and recovery, and a good landing spot after football, because as a football player he was a total bust as a 2nd round pick.

I for some reason have a soft spot for players who just get off on the wrong foot and can't get it together. Perpetual yips. Such a ****ty thing to happen after working so hard to make it to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News