PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% eclipse here in Buffalo. It lived up to the hype. Blown away by instant darkness (took about 2 seconds, like someone shutting the lights off) and then red fire balls dancing around the moon.

I did not watch it except for what I saw outside window from my chair while working.

It did not get as dark as I thought it would and happened way quicker than I expected.

Overall a nothing burger!

Great event, watched it all the way through from about 2:45-4:40. It got noticeably cooler with the sun mostly covered. The sky got only slightly darker, though.

A couple cell phone shots:

436546605_10224386924966064_6136779352370738607_n.jpg

436415563_10224386924766059_279798401746440895_n.jpg

All Jets fans understand that it's no big deal. Superbowl appearances for them are the real once in a lifetime occurrence.
Only once in a lifetime for the older Jets fans

Great event, watched it all the way through from about 2:45-4:40. It got noticeably cooler with the sun mostly covered. The sky got only slightly darker, though.

A couple cell phone shots:

View attachment 57490

View attachment 57491
I had some welding lenses to look through. But I couldn’t use my phone to get a good pic for some reason

We had 2 great total eclipses in the past 7 years across the United States, not to mention an annular last year in the southwest.

Now the next solar eclipse which goes across the continental 48 will be in 2045. From Northern CA to Florida. Maybe we'll have a quarterback by then. I already told my girlfriend that will be the next time I take her to DisneyWorld.

NOTE: Technically, the next solar eclipse to hit the U.S. is in 2033, but that will be northwestern Alaska. I don't think it is regions that are driveable.
NOTE2: The next solar eclipse to hit the lower 48 is in 2044, but that will only sneak into a couple hundred miles of Montana and North Dakota. Western Canada will be the place to be for that one, specifically much of Alberta.
NOTE3: If you live in New England, but refuse to travel, you'll have to wait unto 2079. All of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut gets that one, plus southern NH and coastal ME as well as the NEWFies and Greenland.

Last edited:
I had some welding lenses to look through. But I couldn’t use my phone to get a good pic for some reason

It was tricky. I had to put the lens of the cardboard viewing spectacles over the cell phone lens to get anything.

My thoughts are in the description.

Am I the only one on here who doesn't care about the Eclipse?
No

People actually traveled to Dallas and booked hotels for this 3 minutes of nonsense. I would travel to see the Northern lights or a volcano, but not this crap. Clouds block out the sun every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST