PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Did the Pats Consider Trading Brady Instead of Bledsoe After SB 36?

MahomestoKelce

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I had to go back and research this as I was very young at the time. I'm assuming Bledsoe was as good as gone once Brady was named the starter in the SB. But was there any discussion at all about trading Brady while his value was high? Thus, Bledsoe would remain the starter in 02 and beyond?

For the fan base, was there any animosity at the Pats for: A) Trading Bledsoe and B) Doing it in division? Or, was it pretty unanimous that Brady was the guy moving forward?

Looking back it seems like a silly discussion to even have. But at the time things might've been different.

Also, the fact they traded him in the division tells me they ultimately didn't fear playing Bledsoe twice a year. Crazy to think about.

I had to go back and research this as I was very young at the time. I'm assuming Bledsoe was as good as gone once Brady was named the starter in the SB. But was there any discussion at all about trading Brady while his value was high? Thus, Bledsoe would remain the starter in 02 and beyond?

For the fan base, was there any animosity at the Pats for: A) Trading Bledsoe and B) Doing it in division? Or, was it pretty unanimous that Brady was the guy moving forward?

Looking back it seems like a silly discussion to even have. But at the time things might've been different.

Also, the fact they traded him in the division tells me they ultimately didn't fear playing Bledsoe twice a year. Crazy to think about.

**** you. Go the **** away scumbag.

I had to go back and research this as I was very young at the time. I'm assuming Bledsoe was as good as gone once Brady was named the starter in the SB. But was there any discussion at all about trading Brady while his value was high?
Among the idiots who call into talk radio? Absolutely there was. Even after Brady won the Super Bowl, some Bledsoe krishnas just couldn't let go.
Among the intelligent people running the Patriots organization? No way, Jose.

I'm giving you and your thread the Roger Gooddell Award for complete lack of excellence

I think the Pats organization and the fanbase were all in on Brady at that point. How could they not be? Thankful to Drew, but most people were on the Brady train.

However, I do recall, for a very short period time in 2002 when Brady was struggling and Drew was lighting it up for the Bills, lots of my classmates in high school turning on Brady and acting like they were the biggest Bledsoe fans ever. It was weird and lasted for like 3 weeks.

I think there were a few big fans of Drew in the media who were upset, and pushed some narratives for the subpar 2002 season. But if they didn't play Drew in the Super Bowl after he was healthy, they certainly weren't going to go back to him once Brady actually won the damn thing.

I think there were a few big fans of Drew in the media who were upset, and pushed some narratives for the subpar 2002 season. But if they didn't play Drew in the Super Bowl after he was healthy, they certainly weren't going to go back to him once Brady actually won the damn thing.
Eagles should have taken a look at the Brady situation and used it as an example before keeping Wentz over Foles. Foles isn't great but he worked in the eagles system.

Brady was the Superbowl MVP of the Pat's first Superbowl win and Drew had a 7-year resume at this point...kind of a dumb question really.

Some people speculated about the idea.

Did the team really consider it? No.

Eagles should have taken a look at the Brady situation and used it as an example before keeping Wentz over Foles. Foles isn't great but he worked in the eagles system.
Plus it seemed Foles was the more popular QB in the lockeroom just as Brady was.

Looks like you will be without Matthieu on Sunday. Your defense is a solid C-
Defense is good enough.

Unless there's a crazy amount of injuries on the OL again this year, it's a SB win for us.

Not a team capable of beating us in the AFC. TB won't get a mash unit again in the SB.

Redemption.

Did you consider you had to pee before or after you took a ****?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back