PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver @ Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota's less crappy than you're stating. They're 5-2, a game out of first in the NFC North and a half-game behind Atlanta for the top wildcard spot in the NFC.

They're not crappy. They're decent.

OK 5 crappy teams. A good team and an excellent team.

Color me scared

OK 5 crappy teams. A good team and an excellent team.

Color me scared

Based on the first six games, I'd say a 30-20 win would be the worst case scenario. Denver was outstanding this past week, though. We'll find out in the next few weeks it was improvement or monumentally poor Packer game planning.

Based on the first six games, I'd say a 30-20 win would be the worst case scenario. Denver was outstanding this past week, though. We'll find out in the next few weeks it was improvement or monumentally poor Packer game planning.
Time and weather are on our side. I am gonna be nervous about our trip there. Just got to take care of our own biz.

If you want bad things to happen to Indy and their fans, root for them to beat Denver. A lot of their fans are more so bandwagon Denver/Peyton fans that just happen to root for the Colts as well. For a lot of them, it's 1.)Broncos, 2.)Rooting against Patriots (1 and 2 are interchangeable.) 3.)Colts

why would I want bad things to happen to the Clots? they already ARE the Clots...can't get much worse than that....

Man i hope the weather's really cold in denver when we play them.

After watching the Broncos methodically take the Packers offense apart, I can't see how the Colts score any points. Andrew Luck is in for a very long day.

I NEVER want to see broncos win and that goes DOUBLE for colts, however,
if colts pull an upset here with every game crucial home field AFCCG goes through Foxboro no matter how it gets done.

I NEVER want to see broncos win and that goes DOUBLE for colts, however,
if colts pull an upset here with every game crucial home field AFCCG goes through Foxboro no matter how it gets done.

I agree, heck, if we had a comfortable lead in the division and the donkeys were playing the Jets, I'd even root for the Jets. HFA throughout, is paramount. I can't stretch that enough. Going to Denver in late January will not be easy. Manning may suck in the playoffs, but their defense along with their home crowd, and thin air, can make things pretty complicated for us.

Those hoping for an Indy win better hope Chud suddenly finds a quick strike passing game. Indy hasn't had that and doesn't look to. That's a recipe for a loss against a D like Denver's.

Indy has won 2 of the 3 games vs Denver since it's been Luck and Manning. Two of those were in Denver and this one is in Indy. The two games in Denver the Colts scored 24 points both times once in a loss and the other in a playoff win. The game in Indy they hung 39 points on them.

Granted not all of the players are the same but sometimes you just have a team's number. Granted this Colts team seems a lot worse than those of the last few year.

I started out the week thinking I couldn't root for the Colts but I've moved back to my normal position of rooting for what's best for the Patriot's seeding and rooting against the forehead.

Since there is no way the Colts win this one, I will root for Denver to absolutely smash the Colt.

Luck next letter will be:

"Dearest Abigail,

I'm afraid I'm a bearer of bad news, if you're receiving this letter it means I died in the battlefield. You will be forever in my heart.

Yours,

Gen A Luck"

I'll just root for Peyton to throw 10 picks. I'm a huge fan of his INTs.

Those hoping for an Indy win better hope Chud suddenly finds a quick strike passing game. Indy hasn't had that and doesn't look to. That's a recipe for a loss against a D like Denver's.

Doesn't Chudzinski run the Norv Turner variant of the Air Coryell offense? Quick short/mid range passes, lots of playaction, attacking the middle of the field with TEs, etc?

I think this could be a decent move for Indy that could potentially help them this Sunday.

After watching the Broncos methodically take the Packers offense apart, I can't see how the Colts score any points. Andrew Luck is in for a very long day.

You gotta give it to Indy and Luck, they showed a lot of mental toughness that I didn't think they had when they came back late against an undefeated team with a good defense on the road. They came up short, but they didn't get steamrolled like a lot of people thought they would.

They will obviously be heavy underdogs, but they'll be at home against a team they've had some success against, and they'll be desperate to remain atop of their division.

Yeh no way the Colts win this, so Im of the mind like others, let Denver smash them. I hate the colts, Denver doesn't bother me. Now if the Broncos smash the Colts the entire world will be talking the Broncos going undefeated....I don't mind that.

The Broncos are the one team I would worry about for the Pats...But Im not convinced Manning is back to awesome Manning.

Last edited:
You gotta give it to Indy and Luck, they showed a lot of mental toughness that I didn't think they had when they came back late against an undefeated team with a good defense on the road. They came up short, but they didn't get steamrolled like a lot of people thought they would.

They will obviously be heavy underdogs, but they'll be at home against a team they've had some success against, and they'll be desperate to remain atop of their division.

You're right about that and it makes it even stranger that they'd ditch their Offensive Coordinator after that comeback, and between the Panthers and Broncos games. It made me wonder if they took away the offensive play calling from Pep Hamilton in the middle of the Panthers game.

That franchise is in a Dolphins-like spiral of recriminations, in-fighting and lack of focus. These things always come from the top. I place the blame on Irsay and Grigson for creating a chaotic situation that included focusing on the deflated footballs last year during the playoffs when their attention should have been on finding players who could actually tackle somebody.

All that said, if I were to guess the score this weekend, it would be Broncos 31 - Colts 0.

Who knows, the Colts may pull a Dolphin, and play inspired under their new interim offensive coordinator. Sometime you need to shake things up before they pick up.

Denver is a good team, but untested still. I don't think the packers are nearly as good as people think they are.

I think people are over-reacting about mannings "return" he had 2 weeks to rest his arm and he still had a game where he had more Picks than tds. 1 pick to 0 TD's. theres no more rest this season and I dont believe 2 weeks off is all he had to do to fix that arm strength which has looked gone the first 6 games. he has 7 tds' and 11 interceptions

hoping for a colts win...it will only bolster their confidence a little bit until they get smacked down the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes