PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dan Quinn Will ‘Push’ to Draft ‘Next Lamar Jackson’ Jayden Daniels, Says Analyst

Happy The Office GIF by Cameo

Can you imagine Washington taking back to back North Carolina QB's? This is the big question in the upcoming draft. Nobody will know until the name is announced. I would be happy with either QB to be honest.

One of Eisen’s 5 is Daniels is QB2 in this draft.

AvP has coached all kinds of QBs, from HOFers to busts. I'm to the point I'll trust his evaluation. Anyone with a high ceiling that he likes is fine by me, no matter which of the top 3 he picks. That is the way.

If Dan Quinn is pushing for Daniels, that means we can remove Daniels from our draft board.

I heard that Dan Quinn and Kliff Kingsbury are all in on hiring Robyn Glazer.

We have to fix our OL if we acquire either regardless both could be Franchise QB's. I know the consensus is for Maye around here based on size but Daniels look like he'll be a very dangerous NFL QB with the right pieces around him.

If Dan Quinn is pushing for Daniels, that means we can remove Daniels from our draft board.

I heard that Dan Quinn and Kliff Kingsbury are all in on hiring Robyn Glazer.
It feels weird to say Dan Quinn and Kliff Kingsbury in the same sentence. Talk about an odd couple.

1709635182666.jpeg

I’d be psyched. I thought we lost Maye with Ryland’s game winning kick.
I know people are a little spooked by things here and there with Maye, but if they sat him for a year like is reportedly planned then it would do a lot to resolve things. His arm talent is much better than Daniels’, he has proven he can play in a muddy pocket/bad situation without falling apart and I think he fits the character profile that they want in a QB very well. It would be perfect.

But if it doesn’t work out and Washington takes Maye, and you’re there at 3 and Atlanta is blowing up your phone line to trade up…. I’m down to take their high picks for the next several years and draft JJ McCarthy.

I know people are a little spooked by things here and there with Maye, but if they sat him for a year like is reportedly planned then it would do a lot to resolve things. His arm talent is much better than Daniels’, he has proven he can play in a muddy pocket/bad situation without falling apart and I think he fits the character profile that they want in a QB very well. It would be perfect.

But if it doesn’t work out and Washington takes Maye, and you’re there at 3 and Atlanta is blowing up your phone line to trade up…. I’m down to take their high picks for the next several years and draft JJ McCarthy.
That is my preference.

Draft Maye and have him sit behind a vet.

Are you sure the Giants aren’t taking McCarthy?

Are you sure the Giants aren’t taking McCarthy?
Could happen, it is a risk. Have to keep your ears open and possibly trade up with the Chargers, or let the chips fall where they may and take Odunze or someone at #8 instead and grab a different QB later. With the haul you got from Atlanta, you can afford to be patient and see what prospects come up next year or the year after if you don't love whoever you get this year.

I’d be psyched. I thought we lost Maye with Ryland’s game winning kick.
I might be in the minority here, but I've always wanted Maye. If he's there at #3 and they don't draft him, they will regret it. If Daniels is there at #3, I would trade back and get Alt, and whatever it takes to get McCarthy. Although the haul of picks in this draft and the next for the #3 pick should allow us to do both, and be set up nicely for the rest of this draft and the next. But, that's just my humble take on the matter.

Could happen, it is a risk. Have to keep your ears open and possibly trade up with the Chargers, or let the chips fall where they may and take Odunze or someone at #8 instead and grab a different QB later. With the haul you got from Atlanta, you can afford to be patient and see what prospects come up next year or the year after if you don't love whoever you get this year.
I am hearing Chicago is sold on Caleb Williams so somebody is Trading for Justin Fields could a guy like AVP Turn him around?? I am leaning towards the professionals and not the talking head on patsfans.com. Personally I think Fields answered his critics last year. 34 for Fields Trade #3 for a haul that would be tempting I remember that career night he had against us Fields have all the tools.

Where do you plan on taking McCarthy? If you think other QB teams are just going to sit by while you wait for him at 8 then you are going to end up pretty disappointed. And then we get to watch next year as the Patriots have to spend 3 firsts just to get back up to where they are now just to get the franchise QB they could have taken with just one first rounder this year.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back