PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Collie conscious but not moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
It wasn't even a vicious hit, but it was helmet to helmet.

It made me think that the problems with hitting WRs and the whole concussion issue is an unintended side effect of the pass happy NFL.

I'm not sure what they can expect with all the throws that go down the middle.

I saw Coleman walking around. How is it that the defensive player doesn't sustain the injury as much as the offensive player?

It was Collie hitting the ground that appeared to do more damage than the helmet to helmet hit.

It was Collie hitting the ground that appeared to do more damage than the helmet to helmet hit.

Looked to me like he was out cold and limp before he hit the ground.

Looked to me like he was out cold and limp before he hit the ground.

god i hope thats it bc that looked scary as they took him off and his eyes were open but no-movement

That was a scary play. I wouldn't want to be wearing blue this season if I'm a player.

god i hope thats it bc that looked scary as they took him off and his eyes were open but no-movement

It looked like he was blinking, hard to tell though...

What the **** is the league office talking about? Both his feet are on the ground ffs.

I hate to see an injury, but I think it was a clean hit. Collie, who isn't exactly the tallest guy in the league to begin with, was getting into a crouching position so his head was pretty low. I don't think either of the defenders did anything wrong.

I pray that he is able to recover from this injury.

I hate to see an injury, but I think it was a clean hit. Collie, who isn't exactly the tallest guy in the league to begin with, was getting into a crouching position so his head was pretty low. I don't think either of the defenders did anything wrong.

I pray that he is able to recover from this injury.

These guys are running at full speed, rotating body angles every split second, and usually trying to make a clean tackle that breaks up a catch.

The league needs to recognize that horrible injuries will inevitably result from a violent sport. I think it's unwise for them to try to blame the defender for every injuries; example: Myron Pryor.

27 pushed him into the contact with 42 . Whatever happened happened before he hit the ground.

This is something the league is going to have to live with. It was a clean play where someone got hurt.

Collie is sitting up and moving, appears to be concussion according to CBS.

Now, for political reasons (18-game season?), is the league going to a levy a fine every single time a player gets hurt?

Even more than the hit getting flagged, I'm wondering how that wasn't rule a fumble. He caught the ball, turned, ran several steps, and then got hit and stripped by the defense. How is that an incomplete pass?

The league needs to do something to make running the ball more appealing

Even more than the hit getting flagged, I'm wondering how that wasn't rule a fumble. He caught the ball, turned, ran several steps, and then got hit and stripped by the defense. How is that an incomplete pass?

You realize we're talking about the Colts... right?

Collie will catch a dozen against the PATS
At least the bogus call did not cost Philly the victory

Um, which bogus call would that be? Seemed to be multiple questionable calls.

The league needs to do something to make running the ball more appealing
Here's hoping Collie is OK.

The league needs to go back to the pre-Polian and Manning getting the rules changed days where receivers wouldn't get as much separation. In today's game because the db's can hardly even touch a WR they are running more free, and the defensive backs are flying from all over the field from 5 to 10 yards away from the guy catching the ball and laying the lumber.

The defensive backs used to be able to ride the receivers and stay within a yard or so of them. If the receiver did catch the ball they would more or less be dragged to the ground instead of getting hit by a missile.

Some great news about Collie. It seems that he "only suffered a concussion"
and wasn't the life altering hit that it looked to be at the time.

"Colts president Bill Polian believes Austin Collie only suffered a concussion after taking a scary hit in the second quarter of Sunday's game against the Eagles. Collie has full movement in his extremities, and was sitting up in the locker room as the Colts came out for the second half. He appeared to lose consciousness momentarily, hinting at a significant concussion. Added coach Jim Caldwell, "It's a concussion, so we'll see how long it takes to clear."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick