PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Jones promises at least 5 rings for the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
They’re even surer than the 2010 Packers.

talk is cheap

Ricky " Tonight a dynasty is born" Proehl Syndrome.......

New England made it look easy. He’s in for a rude awakening. It has been a quarter century since any team (not named New England) won 3, and this guy thinks they’re just going to waltz their way to 5?

Don’t make me laugh.

Didn't the greatest thing football has ever seen, Mahomes, say that he was going to pass Brady in rings? I remember seeing that pop up on my YouTube feed. Talk about a team that got basically every break last year.

Refs handed them the win in the regular season game against the Patriots. This lets them end up getting a bye.
Avoided a rematch with the Patriots.
Avoided the Ravens.
Got some EXTREMELY favorable calls in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Bosa getting held on that 3rd and 15 pass when he's about to hit Mahomes, two late hits on Jimmy that weren't called.

The chances of things breaking perfectly like that again are slim. They may win 1 or 2 more, but 5? Lmfao.

Literally sounds like LeBron when he went to Miami lol.
I was thinking Greg Oden when he was drafted #1 stating he would win at least 10 championships :rofl:

Quiet confidence, and not looking forward, is what propelled the greatest dynasty in football (The Pats). If you look past an entire year, that means you are looking past your opponent. And also provide extra motivation to your opponents. And as reigning champions, you will get every team's best, every game.

Do they have the talent to do it, absolutely, but many things have to happen to win even ONE championship, let alone have a dynasty. Injuries, defections, bad luck, bad calls, all can derail a championship season. Talking about it is a lot easier than accomplishing it.

So Jones is going to command $12M a year. Let's see how good they are when the top 6 players eat up most of the cap and the bottom half of the roster are JAGs.

Mahomes if he has 15-20 year career will have some great chances to rack up some rings. Chris Jones as good as he is might get a chance to win one or 2 more with Mahomes but no way as a DL he lasts long enough for everything Mahomes winds up pulling off.

Mahomes is rediculous and I think it's easy to assume he'll get another one or 2 and if he gets those quickly maybe he can make a run at TB (Terry Bradshaw).

Lol so thin skinned around here.

Mahomes if he has 15-20 year career will have some great chances to rack up some rings. Chris Jones as good as he is might get a chance to win one or 2 more with Mahomes but no way as a DL he lasts long enough for everything Mahomes winds up pulling off.

Mahomes is rediculous and I think it's easy to assume he'll get another one or 2 and if he gets those quickly maybe he can make a run at TB (Terry Bradshaw).

I think Mahomes can win 3 or so titles, but let's be clear. Mahomes, despite winning SB MVP last year, did not play well in that game. People (not accusing you but in general) have to stop slobbering over him. He had a great 2018 and a so-so 2019 regular season. He was 9th in yards thrown and 11th in TDs, and he missed just a couple of games

Glad he's excited. He should be. They're the odds on favorites to repeat and so on. Even so, the Pats had to have a sustained run of excellence spanning 20 years, and some big breaks in a few Super Bowls to get to six rings. We will see

If they can win three in a 5-6 year span, they'll learn what it's like to have the target on their back. It's a different game, then. The Pats have been getting everyone's best shot since 2004.

I think Mahomes can win 3 or so titles, but let's be clear. Mahomes, despite winning SB MVP last year, did not play well in that game. People (not accusing you but in general) have to stop slobbering over him. He had a great 2018 and a so-so 2019 regular season. He was 9th in yards thrown and 11th in TDs, and he missed just a couple of games
I don't like the QBR stat, but Mahomes had the lowest QBR for a Super Bowl MVP QB ever. He could have went out there and thrown 4 picks and they were giving it to him no matter what as long as the Chiefs won. He's the golden boy.

If you guys thought the Manning and Rodgers love was bad, just wait.

Last edited:
Literally sounds like LeBron when he went to Miami lol.
I was thinking the same thing. He only got them 2. And he is very lucky Ray Allen was there or it would have been only 1.

Just realistic
Well I would say it is likely that they don't win 5 rings but in the end of the day who cares? What these guys say doesn't really matter.

Didn't the greatest thing football has ever seen, Mahomes, say that he was going to pass Brady in rings? I remember seeing that pop up on my YouTube feed. Talk about a team that got basically every break last year.

Refs handed them the win in the regular season game against the Patriots. This lets them end up getting a bye.
Avoided a rematch with the Patriots.
Avoided the Ravens.
Got some EXTREMELY favorable calls in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Bosa getting held on that 3rd and 15 pass when he's about to hit Mahomes, two late hits on Jimmy that weren't called.

The chances of things breaking perfectly like that again are slim. They may win 1 or 2 more, but 5? Lmfao.

That game against the Pats was a travesty. It wasn't just the one bad call, it was the 3 or 4 bad calls leading up to it that made BB burn his challenges. Then the ref calling him out instead of a TD knowing that they would have reviewed that automatically and called it back if he was actually out. Worst officiated game since the replacement refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back