PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos fan giving us crap today

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP- that made me laugh out loud. Freakin' awesome. Raisin' that boy right. My 11 year old son is always coming home with tales of other kids calling Pats cheaters. He doesn't ever need to fight , though, since I've given him enough verbal ammo to shut em all up. I view all us "expatriated" Pats fans around the country as the military arm of Patriots Nation- behind enemy lines, fighting the good fight, representin' with pride. I wear my Pats gear way more down here than when I'm back up in Boston, visiting my kinfolk. Really want this SB bad this year. Hmm- I guess that's every year.
I don't know where you live, but my kid has the guts to wear his Pats Wool Cap on the buses and streets of New York City. I told him if anyone ever steals it off his head, let him have it and I'll buy him a new one. I don't know how it is whereever you are, but up here you don't engage with and you certainly don't try to fight with a hostile stranger...even ten year olds can have knives or worse.

I don't know where you live, but my kid has the guts to wear his Pats Wool Cap on the buses and streets of New York City. I told him if anyone ever steals it off his head, let him have it and I'll buy him a new one. I don't know how it is whereever you are, but up here you don't engage with and you certainly don't try to fight with a hostile stranger...even ten year olds can have knives or worse.
No man, I don't live anywhere like NYC. I grew up on the mean streets of Boston, tho( JP & fields corner), so I know what you're talking about. You're teaching your kid right, obviously. I've always taught my son nonviolence, tho he's taken karate for years and knows its only for the dojo unless there's no other solution. No I'm down in Wilmington, nc- almost in sc, a little north of myrtle beach. The weather here is more like the Florida panhandle than the rest of nc. We got gators and palm trees. Lot of relocated new englanders among other places. It's s a very cool small city-about 150k, but with a lot going on. There is a gang problem like most everywhere. But its not like NYC or even Beantown far as that goes. And not every fan base hates us. I've found that the more knowledgeable fans, especially those who have played or coached in some level, have big respect for the Patriots.

Here in Denver, there's a quiet aura of worry in the air. Usually I see more loud mouths with unbreakable confidence.

But they've seen Peyton play recently, and they saw him 2 years ago in the SB.

So my wife and son were off from school today and I took the day off so we all went to Lowry Park Zoo here in Tampa (great place if you ever visit). I'm always decked out in Pats gear and my son was today as well. We got a few Go Pats comments and at the petting zoo I was talking to a Steelers fan, both of us lamenting their loss yesterday.

At one point we were walking along and I see this kid looking at me, he was wearing blue and red and I heard him say something Patriots so I smiled because I thought he was a Pats fan. Then we got closer and I could hear him yelling boooo Patriots. And then he looks at me and says the Broncos are gonna crush the Patriots next week. I started laughing hysterically and I turned to my wife and son and said this kid is funny.

Then my son who is 6, without any prompting from me, yells at the kid, Broncos Suck!

My wife of course was mortified that her 6 year was yelling suck but I couldn't help but feel great pride in my heart. It brought a tear to my eye LOL. My son is otherwise a very nice and well behaved little boy but don't talk crap about his team especially when we're just minding our own business.

#defendthewall

This happens to me a lot. A few months ago, my son was on our trampoline and then came running in the house saying that the bigger boys on the trampoline were calling the Patriots cheaters, etc. The kid was a Colts fan. Usually, I try to arm my son with comebacks but this time, I just got really annoyed and thought, why not. I'll take this one. The older kid was 13, my kid was 8. So I felt justified in going out there and telling that kid to get off my property and off our trampoline if he was going to come here and trash our team. The kid started whining "I have a right to my opinion." And I replied, "And it's my property and I have a right to tell you to clear off and don't come back if you are going to diss our team." I also had a few choice words for the Colts organization. The kid steers clear of me now.

I'm sorry, but some of these brats have no respect.

Here in Denver, there's a quiet aura of worry in the air. Usually I see more loud mouths with unbreakable confidence.

But they've seen Peyton play recently, and they saw him 2 years ago in the SB.
Yeah. I'm trying to keep from getting overconfident.
Gotta channel some of my darkest, 86 year, Curse of the Bambino fatalism.

This happens to me a lot. A few months ago, my son was on our trampoline and then came running in the house saying that the bigger boys on the trampoline were calling the Patriots cheaters, etc. The kid was a Colts fan. Usually, I try to arm my son with comebacks but this time, I just got really annoyed and thought, why not. I'll take this one. The older kid was 13, my kid was 8. So I felt justified in going out there and telling that kid to get off my property and off our trampoline if he was going to come here and trash our team. The kid started whining "I have a right to my opinion." And I replied, "And it's my property and I have a right to tell you to clear off and don't come back if you are going to diss our team." I also had a few choice words for the Colts organization. The kid steers clear of me now.

I'm sorry, but some of these brats have no respect.
You go girl! I think any parent would have done the same thing. That Colts-fan kid was one rude little tyke. The playground is one thing but in YOUR yard?!? That's a bad reflection on his parents- but if they're from that meth- infested state of Indiana, no surprise. Then the kid starts ARGUING with you? Wow. You did that kid s favor. Probably the first lesson he's ever had about respecting other people.smh

Colts fans, wherever I meet them, are the worst. Broncos are a close second.

I still remember the Broncos fan I met at Busch Gardens in 2012. I said hey I heard you guys may be getting Manning. He's like, no way, why would we do that, we have Tebow!

I just looked a him speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back