PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brit Reid sentenced to 3 yrs in DWI case

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
"If not for nepotism, he never would have been hired for a coveted NFL assistant coaching position with that background and his thin resume."

Posted here without comment.

The recent court proceedings confirmed something that people suspected: Britt Reid got drunk that evening at the Chiefs facility.

It’s pathetic that it took over 18 months for that basic question to be answered and that the sports media never addressed it.

The recent court proceedings confirmed something that people suspected: Britt Reid got drunk that evening at the Chiefs facility.

It’s pathetic that it took over 18 months for that basic question to be answered and that the sports media never addressed it.
Especially since it’s been almost a year since the agreement between the Chiefs and the girl’s family to cover medical expenses, which obviously included the family giving up their ability to sue the team.

Sad.

Who's paying for the little girl's rehab?

Who's paying for the little girl's rehab?
the chiefs are paying for all the medical/rehab expenses ... i'm sure in lieu of being added to the inevitable lawsuit (or maybe i'm just a cynic?)

DUI isn't treated very seriously by the legal system The max Brit Reid could get was 7 years and he plead out so 3 years kinda tracks with what the law allows. I'm more surprised he got anything being an NFL coaches kid. It will never be enough to make up for the damage he caused and I hope the family takes him for a ride in civil court, but it sounds like Reid raised a bunch of screw ups so not sure that will amount to anything.

This is another example of the media reporting based on an agenda. Everyone likes Andy Reid and the Chiefs so the story was pushed aside as quickly as possible with the minimum of details. Could you imagine what would happen if one of BB's kids got into an accident after drinking at the Patriots facility?

Last edited:
DUI isn't treated very seriously by the legal system The max Brit Reid could get was 7 years and he plead out so 3 years kinda tracks with what the law allows. I'm more surprised he got anything being an NFL coaches kid. It will never be enough to make up for the damage he caused and I hope the family takes him for a ride in civil court, but it sounds like Reid raised a bunch of screw ups so not sure that will amount to anything.
I think dwi is taken seriously for regular people... But in this particular case, I can see the heavy hand of both the NFL and the wealth and privilege of the Reid family coming into play... This wasn't Britt Reid's first DUI ... He should have gotten the full 7 years based on that alone ... Money talks though

Its the Chiefs BYE week.

The Jackson county prosecutor here Jean Peters Baker is soft on crime. Watch Reid serve 12 months and the rest converted into probation.

I think dwi is taken seriously for regular people... But in this particular case, I can see the heavy hand of both the NFL and the wealth and privilege of the Reid family coming into play... This wasn't Britt Reid's first DUI ... He should have gotten the full 7 years based on that alone ... Money talks though
Nobody ever gets the max if they plead guilty unless you are legit a serious murderer that the state had dead to rights and want to make an example of. Once he made a plea deal he was going to get about half of the max.

In MA for instance your first offense will likely get you nothing unless there were extraneous circumstances that made it worse. The second offense starts at a minimum of 30 days and has a max of 300. So realistically is you play nice, are generally in good standing, you can get by with a month. And then a third offense in MA minimum is 150 days (5 months) and it maxes out at 5 years. So only two years more than the sentence Reid got, and only if they throw the book at you.

The truth is it’s rare to get the max thrown at you if you play in good faith with the legal system and make it easy and save the courts time and tax payer money by drawing it out.

The bigger issue almost always is the inconvenience of losing a drivers license and how that effects work

This is another example of the media reporting based on an agenda. Everyone likes Andy Reid and the Chiefs so the story was pushed aside as quickly as possible with the minimum of details. Could you imagine what would happen if on of BB's kids got into an accident after drinking at the Patriots facility?
In the media? Hellfire and brimstone. He’s treated them like the pieces of **** they are for decades now, so they would relish the opportunity to get back at him. In the court of law? Probably the same thing that happened to the Reid’s.

I had a friend that served 3 years for sex with a minor.
He said the first year you're in denial.
The second year you blame everyone else.
The third year you realize it's your own damn fault

He said most sentences are too short and people go right back to their original behavior (mostly drugs and alcohol abuse).
Fortunately, I'm not a judge, because for most crimes I would start with a 3 year minimum.

Nobody cares. Shameful. Media and league have swept this under the rug. No mention on any sports radio or local TV. Brady's deflated footballs were all over it. WTF?

Imaging if Steven Belichick had gotten drunk at One Patriot Place and maimed a little girl while driving drunk? The Pats would be fined a gazillion dollars and lost all their draft picks.

I can only hope this family sues the Hunts for a billion

This is an unpopular opinion, but I am not a fan of lengthy prison sentences for many crimes. If a person isn't a danger to society then we need to find other punishments/redemptions than wasting tax dollars by throwing additional lives away in prison. 3,10, life..no amount of time will be good enough for the victims. Catering to revenge/vengeance needs to stop and forgiveness needs to be found. I'm not really talking about this case but prison sentences in general. I'll admit 3 does seem super light, but hopefully Reid has a conscious and will never do this again etc.

The victims family is outraged. The Chiefs will just pay out more money to keep them quiet.

Watch the jail be like a country club.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back