PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brian Urlacher apologizes for comments on team identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
This recent comment by Brian Urlacher is interesting, but also relevant to our own team:

In the Yahoo! interview, Urlacher called Cutler "a great player who can take us a long way" and said he still has "faith in him," but he also hates "the way our identity has changed." "We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win," Urlacher told the Web site. "Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."

Jay Cutler of Chicago Bears: No need for Brian Urlacher to apologize - ESPN Chicago

Re: OT Brian Urlacher Apologizes for Comments on Team Identity

Some similar things we've heard here too:

The offensive line has been ineffective all year, leaving Cutler under pressure and often on the ground. "We've struggled running the ball and Brian's right," Cutler said. "You don't have to run the ball every play. But when you run the ball, you have to be effective. I think that's the most important part. There are a lot of teams that throw the ball, but when they do run the ball, it's effectively. I think that's the main issue."

Cutler doesn't realize that the O-line protection problems and running game issues, are partly because of the emphasis to pass so much.

Re: OT Brian Urlacher Apologizes for Comments on Team Identity

Why is he apologizing? I agree with everything he said the first time:}

I am so glad things turned out the way I thought they would for Cutler.

Even if Urlacher didn't get hurt that team wouldn't be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST