PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Breaking news from this board: Pats might trade Bledsoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked out so so well for us. But to this day it is still a crazy concept thinking that we traded a QB, that was our franchise guy for many years, to a division rival of all places. :D

I'll admit it. I was biased towards good 'ole Drew. I was 10 when he was drafted and he was the very reason I fell in love with the NFL.

Surprised the trade Brady thread has not been summoned from the bowels of the forum.

mgteich didn't see Brady being a good long term prospect, although he played well. And someone else thinks Brady could have "a nice career".

Damn it! So we're not getting a 1st round pick in 2017?:confused:

Ran into this while browsing your link. Fitzy 2007 Draft.

I'll admit it. I was biased towards good 'ole Drew. I was 10 when he was drafted and he was the very reason I fell in love with the NFL.

The 70s, 80s and early 90s, we were mediocare at best with one crazy run in '86. We were basically what the Bills have been the last 10 years. Parcells and Bledsoe gave us hope that we could be a perennial contender. We went to a SB with him in '96,. Most here think fondly of Drew because he helped turn this franchise around. BB and Brady made us the greatest franchise of all time. I have no ill-will towards Bledsoe and he was a professional.

He kind of reminds me of a Matt Ryan, a player that can win you a game help you make the playoffs if you have solid defense, a very good QB, but not in that elite sphere....

"The kid (Brady) is going to have a nice career in the NFL"

Holy moley, @mgteich.

His percentages were again over 67%, but his overall play was not very good at all.

I'm old fashioned to want our probowl quarterback to play the playoffs . Brady has been a great substitute while Drew was hurt. I think he should be offered a contract extension at reasonable rate of pay. But I wouldn't put my team in the hands of Brady and Huard next year.
And I don't think Kraft would like to dump Drew either. Unfortunately, I think he may have to let Drew go. bb has HIS quarterback now. Kraft will make sure that Drew gets a good deal, and a chance to play for a contender. I just hope it's the patriots.
----------
BTW, I think Weis, Crennel and bb called a great game. The game was in our control the whole way, even with the 10 points spotted by Brady .

I don't think anyone - anywhere - had any idea what was coming with TB12. Maybe Tom himself, but everyone else saw a good game manager with a fairly low ceiling. Surely this is one of the strangest things I have ever seen in sports. From 2000-2007, Brady's improvements every year were monumental. Everything about him changed, including his questionable arm strength and accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes