PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady 'finds speed' in electric boat racing

Just reading the headline, I thought perhaps Jim Irsay was on the boat a few days before Tom was.

Trying to figure out why he'd want to do this. Perhaps he's dipping his toes in the racing world before fully committing to something like F1. You know, trying to get his feet wet? Perhaps this will allow him into that world with Lewis Hamilton, a chance to find his feet. It gets his foot in the door.

I have noticed he's footloose and fancy free since his divorce. I guess he's kicking up his heels now that Gisele is in the rear view mirror. What the hell do I know, it's not like I can walk in his shoes.
James Franco Flirt GIF

Hey now the man needs to do something to take his mind off of the cool $30mil he lost via FTX. Hookers and blow just doesn’t do it these days.

If only we had a Forum dedicated to TFB news.
How's it going raising the rescue cats Tom?

So I'm not a big fan of how he lives his life, but my wife works in animal welfare, and the report she got from the Director of that animal shelter was that Brady did a very good job of coaching his kids through the adoption process. Showed some emotional intelligence and gently directed them. Kids and kittens can be a handful. To quote Bill Murray, he's got that going for him.

Hey now the man needs to do something to take his mind off of the cool $30mil he lost via FTX. Hookers and blow just doesn’t do it these days.

He did not lose $30MM. He was given $30MM in stock options to film a few videos, show up at some events and have tweets posted on his account.

Said options were conditional and could not vest until certain dates long into the future (hence he never sold them). He very much knew they may be worth a lot less by the time he gets them which is why they were such a large amount. He would not get paid anywhere near that money in cash for any such work.

Had they vested, he would have paid a lot of taxes on them.

So in summary, he lost a promise to cash some stock options by a certain date that had a high % of vesting at a much lower amount. He never lost money he had in his bank account.

Exhibit A why writers write click bait articles and titles (for people who always complain about them). There are many people that take them at face value without a clue and then just parrot them endlessly.

With all due respect; of course.

TB should start up his own electric boat racing team ... With blackjack! And hookers!

He did not lose $30MM. He was given $30MM in stock options to film a few videos, show up at some events and have tweets posted on his account.

Said options were conditional and could not vest until certain dates long into the future (hence he never sold them). He very much knew they may be worth a lot less by the time he gets them which is why they were such a large amount. He would not get paid anywhere near that money in cash for any such work.

Had they vested, he would have paid a lot of taxes on them.

So in summary, he lost a promise to cash some stock options by a certain date that had a high % of vesting at a much lower amount. He never lost money he had in his bank account.

Exhibit A why writers write click bait articles and titles (for people who always complain about them). There are many people that take them at face value without a clue and then just parrot them endlessly.

With all due respect; of course.
Wow did not know this. Thanks for educating the uneducated. :) Guilty as charged.

In other news: Tom Brady Is No Longer Playing Football.
I agree that he's not playing and his after-football life doesn't matter.
I do think that his time here should be discussed though because he's the greatest player the team has ever had.
But any Brady discussions belong in the forum that was created for them.

I agree that he's not playing and his after-football life doesn't matter.
I do think that his time here should be discussed though because he's the greatest player the team has ever had.
But any Brady discussions belong in the forum that was created for them.

This light-hearted topic was appropriately designated OT and posted during the slowest time of the offseason. Perhaps you should ask a moderator to move it if you feel that strongly.

OK, he's getting his kicks. But that's not environmentally sustainable. The whole thing is made of plastics.
Sometimes I can't tell if you're trolling or serious with the pronouns and this sort of stuff.

Sometimes I can't tell if you're trolling or serious with the pronouns and this sort of stuff.

Ha. The pronouns were definitely having fun with those for whom they might be a trigger. I guess that's what trolling is.
The sustainability stuff isn't trolling. Its what I do for a living - environmental health. Brady's boat is an environmental disaster from the materials it is made with. Just because something is powered by an electric motor doesn't really give it virtue.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back