PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Boston Radio Stations/Red Sox Collapse

I listen to him to catch some locker room nuggets n what not from when he played .. yeah, he's leaking oil

But do you trust his recollections of when he played. He doesn't even know that the Pats played a lot of 4-3 while he lined up across from the defense in practice every day while he was here.

Most of the guys cannot talk intelligently about anything football related other than generalities. There are a few guys who can actually talk real football (Zo, Felger when he actually wants to, Holley, some of the guests on the Big Show, Damon Amendolara), but most talk in generalities and superficially because they don't understand the game enough to talk interestingly about it.

Gresh talks pretty good football. His opinions are way out of whack though.

Curly Haired Boyfriend is on now ... lol

shaughnessy184.jpg

I can never look at Dan again without laughing, thanks Carl Everett

What a disgrace this guy is. The day after The Collapse ended, MLBN showed him saying,
during the rain delay, that what we know for sure is that the Sux' season will be extended.

Of course the Sox are going to be more attention, they're still far ahead in popularity.

I'd say its 1. Sawx 2. Bruins 3. Pats 4. Celts.

Last edited by a moderator:
In either case, my posts are based solely on truth and logic. :singing: And to be honest, I take absolutely NO pleasure in decrying the many ills of the Bankofamericasox and MLB. I simply wish they'd just go away.

seek a mental health professional :eek:

That's fine. After listening to him on the radio over several months, I don't know if Wiggins knows enough about football to discuss it. I am shocked how a guy who spent 8 years in the league knows so little about the game he played. He might do better talking baseball.

I had to go to MA a couple of times during the last month-1/2, so I had the opportunity to listen
to Wiggie, one of my favorite Pats when he was here (and who was let go way too early).
I too was very disappointed at his lack of insight & analysis, and at his manner of decribing
whatever it was he was trying to say.

Maybe he'll improve from September to January, like our defense.

I had to go to MA a couple of times during the last month-1/2, so I had the opportunity to listen
to Wiggie, one of my favorite Pats when he was here (and who was let go way too early).
I too was very disappointed at his lack of insight & analysis, and at his manner of decribing
whatever it was he was trying to say.

Maybe he'll improve from September to January, like our defense.

Wiggs a fav of mine also is beyond bad. The good news is that Troy Brown is getting better each week as a radio guy.

my fiancee went online to tune into weei on monday, hoping to hear some patriots next-day post-game talk.

suffice to say, she was really upset at all of the baseball/sox/collapse rabble that dominated the airwaves that morning.

in one of my typical moments of prescience sunday evening, i told her that, having lived in new england for half of my life, it was pointless to listen to that station, or boston radio in general, due to the stranglehold baseball has over the radio/media outlets.

of course, she did not heed my warning, and was therefore vexed whilst having to endure the perpetual baseball chirping of the weei talking heads.

out here in the chicago-land area, it is different. football talk is much more prominent on the airwaves, since chicago bears/football >> other major sports in terms of interest and passion... especially during the months of august - january.

I'm a little surprised to hear that. I figured that there would be as much, or close to as much interest in the Cubs in that area. Is it like that every year, or more so this year after the Cubs had a losing season and the Bears went to the NFCCG?

Then again maybe more fans there simply focus on the next game rather than being armchair GMs and second guessing the last game.

Let's face it. If they weren't talking about the Red Sox situation, the only football most of the shows would be talking about is Hank Williams Jr. This is the problem with Boston area sports radio, they can only focus on negativity and controversy.

Most of the guys cannot talk intelligently about anything football related other than generalities. There are a few guys who can actually talk real football (Zo, Felger when he actually wants to, Holley, some of the guests on the Big Show, Damon Amendolara), but most talk in generalities and superficially because they don't understand the game enough to talk interestingly about it.

I guarantee you when they finally get around to the Jets/Pats match up this weekend, most of the talk will be about Ryan's mouth and attitude, how the Jets crushed the Pats in the playoffs without much analysis, and other really superficial analysis.

Couldn't agree more. I thought RS pink hat homer Maz was going to cry the day the Red Sox officially imploded. When it comes to the NFL, his entire schtick is to be the rebel and hate on the Patriots and their moves in an attempt to pretend he understands (or gives a sh%t) about the sport. That squeaky voiced mole is pathetic.

Hey .... they are talon pats on 98.5 .. but I can't listen .. Gresh just sounds fat, and already with the negativity .. his angle today .. omg, what are the pats gonna do.. Gronk was "shut down" last week

My God, not this again.

We have had a couple of threads on this subject of the past few weeks. It seems to be an annual event. sometime it's an attempt to get some prima donna talk going on the football forum but not in this case.

Anyway, I feel a movement coming- Red Sox forum here you are.

Oh that felt good!:cool:

Now let teh prima donna and WEEI :deadhorse: continueeeeeeee!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back