PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Boston Radio Stations/Red Sox Collapse

Reaction score
Very off topic, but did the Pats not have a victory this passed Sunday .. It's been a Red Sox marathon lately .. I've been listening to WFAN for the passed two days .. I get it, they collapsed ..You can only beat this horse for so long .. :spygate::spygate: :spygate: .. already changed to WFAN, opened with the Red Sox today ..

Last edited:
your expectations for Boston sports "media" are way too high :D

tabloid level for the most part, at best

I think the local media has really missed the boat on the level of interest in the Soxs in general and especially the collapse. Nobody I know including guys who were baseball junkies care. The team they assembled was dull and uninspiring. Plus everybody recognized that even if they got into the playoffs they weren't winning anything.

Now they're starting on the Theo angles to the Cubs. Again nobody cares.

Please talk Pats and B's.

The Bankofamericasox touch something deep within the Boston psyche: the abiding need to feel bad about something. Bankofamericasox fans feel much more secure when miserable than when things are going well. Please note that I make a firm distinction between Bankofamericasox fans and Patriots fans: success, winning, and overall positivism is MUCH more important to Pats fans, most of whom live outside Boston city limits. The excessive b!tching by callers to local sports radio by Bankofamericasox fans actually is an expression of veiled joy that things finally are back where they belong, and another 86 years of abject mediocrity is under way.

I have no doubt that others here will cry foul at my honest and insightful observation. But in your heart of hearts, you know it is true. :singing:

Exactly. I just turned WEEI off because Mut already said that its going to be all baseball talk today.

Tired of hearing about the Socks, talk patriots now

Exactly. I just turned WEEI off because Mut already said that its going to be all baseball talk today.

it's like they are saying the same thing over and over .. now today is why hasn't the owner talked instead of watching his soccer team ..

For all the finger-pointing and blaming going on, I really think it all began with the Sox losing John Farrell to Toronto. If you look at Tito and his style of management, it's not so much hierarchical as it is chummy, friend-like.

Farrell was his strong right hand man and was a man you didn't say no to; he could intimidate the pitchers into sticking to their workout routines. In short, he was the enforcer of the coaching staff, and when he left, I think the command and respect that the coaching staff had, left too.

Nothing is more painful to the ears than Gresch/Zo talking baseball or Mutt/Munansky talking Bruins or Patriots.. it is all so contrived and shallow.

Yesterday turned on the big show, were going to dedicate the first two hours to the Red Sox and the second half to Pats.. w/Troy and the weekly interview with BB. WTF happened to Patriots monday???

What is happening now is what happens all the time a manager leaves, and in their quest to exhonerate themselves the upper management is starting to leak crap about how bad the manager was..

In the car yesterday the day after NFL weekend. No Patriots Monday. All Sox talk. Pathetic.

For all the finger-pointing and blaming going on, I really think it all began with the Sox losing John Farrell to Toronto. If you look at Tito and his style of management, it's not so much hierarchical as it is chummy, friend-like.

Farrell was his strong right hand man and was a man you didn't say no to; he could intimidate the pitchers into sticking to their workout routines. In short, he was the enforcer of the coaching staff, and when he left, I think the command and respect that the coaching staff had, left too.

No one here cares. Please reserve all Bankofamericasox talk for the baseball forum.

Interesting how Fat Tomase tried to bring down the Pats with Spygate...and now he has set his sights on the Saux with Beergate. Fat nerdy guy couldn't be an athlete but he loved sports so he became a sportswriter. He finally gets into the lockerroom , hoping to be accepted as one of the guys, but alas, it is not meant to be. Sulking in a corner with a case of Twinkies and a sleeve of Ho Hos, he formulates plots to get even. "I'll show those athletic, rich, popular players who has the real power in this town....ha ha ha.....HA HA HA!!"

I am not the only one wondering..yesterday, I went to WEEI online to listen to football talk...Patriots Monday...and it was all Baseball. So, I listened, and listened, and waited...and no football talk. Are there any other sports stations in Boston that I can listen to online?:rolleyes:

:deadhorse:

Nothing to see here. move along. The earth's axis is back to normal, the sox fall apart late. Nothing to see here, move along.

Don't you get it. These guy THRIVE on misfortune. The worse a team is doing the better it is for them. "Great season from the Sox" is NOT deemed good radio, but "I can't believe they blew it" is. :rolleyes:

Its "focus on the negative", "find the dark underbelly", "who is the blame for any perceived failure". These are the watch phrases for the media today. Guys like Felger and D&C couldn't have been more pleased with the way the Sox season turned out. Now for the next few months they can show up for work 5 minutes before they go on air, and have "this" to talk about. No need to prepare now. :rolleyes:

I am not the only one wondering..yesterday, I went to WEEI online to listen to football talk...Patriots Monday...and it was all Baseball. So, I listened, and listened, and waited...and no football talk. Are there any other sports stations in Boston that I can listen to online?:rolleyes:
98.5 the sports hub (FM) will be better, especially 10-2, but not by much

For once I was working form home on a Monday...I put on the radio to have it on in the background to listen to (yay) PATRIOTS MONDAY...:confused::confused:

I know the Sox collapsed. We all saw it coming. But enough all ready. When there's some news, then talk about it. But it's football and hockey season. Can we move on please?

That is why WEEI is unlistenable. Here is a run down of what they talk about throughout the year.

January-March
Red sox offseason talk. What they can do to improve their roster, the pitchers they have, the hitters they have, what the 3rd string left fielder can bring to the table. The listeners call with their half baked trade ideas etc.

April-September
Season is in full swing so it is Red sox talk 24/7 on that station.

September-December
Either playoff talk or a never ending talk about what went wrong with the season and people calling up and complaining about the roster, the team etc.

More half baked trade ideas. Talk about the upcoming season because by December the season is only about 120 days away.

I hate the reds sox and baseball. Baseball is extremely boring and people have to be completely and utterly s-faced to make baseball interesting. I will never understand the and love affair this team gets. I am absolutely thrilled this team had the biggest meltdown since Chernobyl.

The Bankofamericasox touch something deep within the Boston psyche: the abiding need to feel bad about something. Bankofamericasox fans feel much more secure when miserable than when things are going well. Please note that I make a firm distinction between Bankofamericasox fans and Patriots fans: success, winning, and overall positivism is MUCH more important to Pats fans, most of whom live outside Boston city limits. The excessive b!tching by callers to local sports radio by Bankofamericasox fans actually is an expression of veiled joy that things finally are back where they belong, and another 86 years of abject mediocrity is under way.

I have no doubt that others here will cry foul at my honest and insightful observation. But in your heart of hearts, you know it is true. :singing:
I think there is a core group of Sox fans that have this Puritanical self flageulation thing going. They like to feel bad, its their Cross to Bear. Its a disease it really is.

Can't blame them, it's a historic collapse capped off with firing the manager. They should be talking about it. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass, but an early season victory over a bottom dwelling Raiders teams is hardly worth much discussion compared the current state of the Red Sox.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back