PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Boise State vs. Virginia Tech

They keep building Kellen Moore up to be an unflappable quarterback when the going gets tough. Let's see what he's made of. Boise getting the ball back with just under two minutes remaining.

Illegal block on a very good return. Sucks for them.

EDIT: WOW. No foul.

Last edited:
That was clearly illegal blocking. Umpires just trying to be Boise's heros.

edit: another bad call

Last edited:
Terrible call there. That wasn't a late hit.

But I still think VT will, at least, take it to OT.

TOUCHDOWN, Broncos! But it might be...

toosoonjunior.jpg

Good return. Nice starting field position for Va. Tech. They have two timeouts too.

what an idiot. running right into the rushers.

edit: men does this guy suck. what a terrible pass.

Last edited:
Moore reminds me of Hoyer. VT doesn't have a chance.

The VT receiver would have been OOB anyway. Good game.

Nice win for Boise State. Moore is clutch, but he was helped immensely by his O-Line and receivers. This was their biggest test of the year. If they can go undefeated against the rest of their (soft) schedule, they should be in the Championship game.

LOL! Did anybody hear that "MF'er" that was uttered close to the camera?

Last edited:
Kirk Herbstreit is such a joke. The other day he was caught with a power balance thing.

I'm ready for a team like Boise State or TCU to bust through and make it to the big game.

I think the BCS screwed fans last season by having them play each other which really told us nothing about how good they really are.

Frankly I'm just sick of the debate. I'm sick of schools like them having to go undefeated to sniff a BCS game but wasn't it 2-3 years ago that the Big East didn't have a single ranked team to start the season, yet still gets the automatic bid. Utah beats down Alabama two years ago and it's just chalked up as a let down from Bama not being in the NC.

Whether Boise or TCU could win it all or get blown out by 50, I'm ready to see it happen.

Nice win for Boise State. Moore is clutch, but he was helped immensely by his O-Line and receivers. This was their biggest test of the year. If they can go undefeated against the rest of their (soft) schedule, they should be in the Championship game.

LOL! Did anybody hear that "MF'er" that was uttered close to the camera?
Yes!! As for Boise good for them, Taylor isn't a guy I want running the two minute drill he gets to ancy in the pocket but that 3rd down pass is what did them in he was wide open....

Last edited:
I'm ready for a team like Boise State or TCU to bust through and make it to the big game.

I think the BCS screwed fans last season by having them play each other which really told us nothing about how good they really are.

Frankly I'm just sick of the debate. I'm sick of schools like them having to go undefeated to sniff a BCS game but wasn't it 2-3 years ago that the Big East didn't have a single ranked team to start the season, yet still gets the automatic bid. Utah beats down Alabama two years ago and it's just chalked up as a let down from Bama not being in the NC.

Whether Boise or TCU could win it all or get blown out by 50, I'm ready to see it happen.

Who cares that the BE didn't have a ranked team to start the season? What does that prove? It's how you finish that counts.

You do realize that the NCAA has a formula for gaining the autobids, right? It's not done by league. The top 6 leagues get the bids. It's a rolling formula over 4 years. And the BE is 5th in that formula, with the ACC coming in 6th, and the MWC far behind. I suspect that with Utah and BYU leaving the league--their traditional strongest teams--that the league may start hurting.

Regardless of the argument, now unless two teams can make it undefeated through tough conferences BS U will be in the NC game because of one win. I guess Oregon St. is a decent opponent other than that they have trash left. It's not how it's supposed to be.

Regardless of the argument, now unless two teams can make it undefeated through tough conferences BS U will be in the NC game because of one win. I guess Oregon St. is a decent opponent other than that they have trash left. It's not how it's supposed to be.

This helps the argument why they need playoffs in college football.

This helps the argument why they need playoffs in college football.
No argument there. If BS U could win 3 in a row in an 8 game playoff then they'd be legit. As it stands they have a tough opener, a (presumably) tough bowl and a middling game against Oregon St. And that's the season.

I see what you're saying, but on the other hand it's hard to feel sorry for the conferences that set themselves up to be national champions forever, and rake in all that money forever in the name of student athletes and amateur athletics. Personally I would love for a team like Boise State to win the national championship just as a great big FU to the powers that be that set this whole system up and are making millions off it every year.

I see what you're saying, but on the other hand it's hard to feel sorry for the conferences that set themselves up to be national champions forever, and rake in all that money forever in the name of student athletes and amateur athletics. Personally I would love for a team like Boise State to win the national championship just as a great big FU to the powers that be that set this whole system up and are making millions off it every year.

You should head over to IndyStar's NCAA database. The vast majority of schools lose between $15-$30 million a year on athletics. And the handful that don't are not reporting the losses that include cost per student that the school pays out, as well as debt service on any stadium expansion or locker rooms, weight rooms, football facilities etc.

NCAA football is a money loser. Yes, I know they report the huge TV fees, but when you break it down, each school gets $6 or 7 million except the SEC or B12 schools that get $15, and the expenses for football are 30-40 million alone.

Boise State's DJ Harper just broke off a 71 yard run to give the lead back to Boise State, 27-21. There's also a good amount of guys on both of these teams that could be fugture Pats.

Good night then? ;)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back