PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills interested in Gronk

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Don’t think it will happen but Josh Allen to Gronk is potentially a much bigger problem for us than Brady to Gronk in the last two seasons.

Praying Chiefs or Bengals step up.
If he goes to Bills it would suck for us.

Just a reminder we really need to retool the entire defense.
Would love Jessie Bates here.
Was pissed we didn’t draft him.
Need a much meaner faster defense.
Speed on defense and 2 more weapons on offense need to be the focal points for this team.
If we do those two things we can compete with anyone.
If we don’t we will be a also ran.

Kinda thought he would go out with Brady considering he said he would only play with tom

I could see him going to the Bills, but I don't know if he hold up for a full season and I wonder if he will be as motivated without Brady and in a more disciplined system in Buffalo. I think the Bucs were perfect for his personality and temperament.

I think Gronk is done.
He's still pretty good. Not prime Gronk who can be the #1 option on offense. But he still flashes a lot as a 2nd or 3rd option. And that's what he'd be with the Bills. Assuming Brady stays retired and Gronk still wants to play, the Bills might be the lone exception Gronk would make for playing with a QB not named Brady. Allen is ridiculously good, they're a Super Bowl bound team, it's his hometown, and they get to play the Patriots twice.

I think Gronk is done.

I know he said he'd play with The Bengals but seeing as Gronk's injuries and age have caught up with him, I'd imagine the practice and play persistent cold weather would be difficult to manage. Warmer weather is more kind to muscles in the moment of exercise/stress. Ohio might not get as much snow, but it gets cold af here. Even moreso in Buffalo.

What better way to stick it to Bill/the Pats? I could see this happening sadly.

He’s been working out in Tampa the past few weeks…dude was a Bills fan growing up
Maybe not. He would be a great complimentary piece to the Bildos unfortunately if he signs there
I think hes still got enough to contribute a lot. Hope it's not with the Bills
He's still pretty good. Not prime Gronk who can be the #1 option on offense. But he still flashes a lot as a 2nd or 3rd option. And that's what he'd be with the Bills. Assuming Brady stays retired and Gronk still wants to play, the Bills might be the lone exception Gronk would make for playing with a QB not named Brady. Allen is ridiculously good, they're a Super Bowl bound team, it's his hometown, and they get to play the Patriots twice.
I know he said he'd play with The Bengals but seeing as Gronk's injuries and age have caught up with him, I'd imagine the practice and play persistent cold weather would be difficult to manage. Warmer weather is more kind to muscles in the moment of exercise/stress. Ohio might not get as much snow, but it gets cold af here. Even moreso in Buffalo.
I think he can still be effective as a complementary piece, but he admitted in an interview he only came out of retirement when Brady left NE. He's got a lot of wear and tear on his body. He's got 4 rings and made a lot of money. Go enjoy retirement.

imagine going from the sunshine & beaches of Tampon Bay/the Gulf to the shores of Lake E(e)rie ... *shudders*

Say it ain't so, Gronk!!!

I think hes still got enough to contribute a lot. Hope it's not with the Bills

He has slowed considerably and fought injuries last season. If he's smart he'll hang it up.

Maybe not. He would be a great complimentary piece to the Bildos unfortunately if he signs there
Knox and Gronk even at 75% of his prime is a great TE set. Along with guys like Diggs Davis and Beasley that would be a big problem for us. We have enough trouble taking on Allen alone.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back