PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Bears dumpster fire OL play

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
At least our OL isn’t this bad. Look at the Bears LT #70 wandering all over without blocking anybody as his QB gets crushed!
IMG_0665.jpeg

Here’s the video, set to start on this play. Watch #70 show a unique approach to playing LT.

The whole thing is a scathing indictment of both Fields and his coaches. It makes the Bears look terrible. I realize it’s a curated selection but it does contain a couple of good plays while most of them are amazingly bad.

that ass-hat wtf.

that ass-hat wtf.
Which one?

It’s telling that there are at least two plays in that video that were described as “sabotage”!

as a hint, I found playing it at 2x speed helped me find the parts I wanted to view more closely….

They earned the top pick in the draft last year and traded down to get more talent. I personally liked Darnell Wright better than any other OT prospects in the draft, and liked their other first three picks. I’d take Wright over any OL on the Pats, and I like Fields more than Mac. With Moore and Claypool they have two WRs I’d frankly prefer over any of the Pats WRs. They have plenty of talent, their issue is their coaching, and has been for a long time.

They earned the top pick in the draft last year and traded down to get more talent. I personally liked Darnell Wright better than any other OT prospects in the draft, and liked their other first three picks. I’d take Wright over any OL on the Pats, and I like Fields more than Mac. With Moore and Claypool they have two WRs I’d frankly prefer over any of the Pats WRs. They have plenty of talent, their issue is their coaching, and has been for a long time.
I figured the coaching must be the root of the problem. I wondered if Fields could still be salvaged despite that.

Da Bears must feel confident that 2nd-year LT Braxton Jones is their multi-year LT as well; otherwise they maybe should've taken a chance that local legacy Peter Skoronski has everything else it takes except for arm length to make himself a starting-caliber LT... I was quite surprised, and a little disappointed, that it didn't happen this way because the Titties could've then chosen their own local hero in Darnell Wright... Don't know if I share Chicago's enthusiasm in Jones' future just yet either.

Cody Whitehair's been a very good G/C in the league since he entered it in 2016, the same year as Joe Thuney; Wright of course has a bright future as their RT... But native Mainer Nathaniel Davis was just ok yesterday; and I don't think that Lucas Patrick's very good at all.

Each of the OLmen took turns ****ing up an ass-ignment; and Patrick & Davis were too leaky in up-the-middle protection too often... But Fields just isn't reading the field very well right now; that was fairly obvious when watching the above segment from O'Sullivan. Correctable? Good question...

Why is this on the main forum?
Where should it go? i don’t spend time in other parts of the site. Thought it was an interesting standard of comparison for the Pats OL and coaching. I mean, if we think our OL and coaching isn’t good enough, consider that this is what some other team is getting.

Da Bears must feel confident that 2nd-year LT Braxton Jones is their multi-year LT as well; otherwise they maybe should've taken a chance that local legacy Peter Skoronski has everything else it takes except for arm length to make himself a starting-caliber LT... I was quite surprised, and a little disappointed, that it didn't happen this way because the Titties could've then chosen their own local hero in Darnell Wright... Don't know if I share Chicago's enthusiasm in Jones' future just yet either.

Cody Whitehair's been a very good G/C in the league since he entered it in 2016, the same year as Joe Thuney; Wright of course has a bright future as their RT... But native Mainer Nathaniel Davis was just ok yesterday; and I don't think that Lucas Patrick's very good at all.

Each of the OLmen took turns ****ing up an ass-ignment; and Patrick & Davis were too leaky in up-the-middle protection too often... But Fields just isn't reading the field very well right now; that was fairly obvious when watching the above segment from O'Sullivan. Correctable? Good question...

Great comments. Fun to read. Balanced and not overly critical.

Fields does not look like he reads anything to me. The defense, the correct hole to run through, etc. He looks like a run and react guy. Multiple reads only happen when he runs around creating more time. Fairly common with NFL guys. He does not look like a upper level NFL QB to me.

Great comments. Fun to read. Balanced and not overly critical.

Fields does not look like he reads anything to me. The defense, the correct hole to run through, etc. He looks like a run and react guy. Multiple reads only happen when he runs around creating more time. Fairly common with NFL guys. He does not look like a upper level NFL QB to me.
People put too much blame on the line

People put too much blame on the line
to me it looks like a team effort. OL sucks, Fields sucks, coaching sucks.

Look at the two plays I posted links to videos showing then tell me if it’s even possible to place too much blame on the line for those.

Fields is a poor QB. Decent RB.

Where should it go? i don’t spend time in other parts of the site. Thought it was an interesting standard of comparison for the Pats OL and coaching. I mean, if we think our OL and coaching isn’t good enough, consider that this is what some other team is getting.
NFL forum.

I’d take Wright over any OL on the Pats, and I like Fields more than Mac. Claypool I’d prefer over any of the Pats WRs

Yikes

It was kind of comical watching those plays. He looked like he was lost and looked exactly like what Dante called being in the twilight zone.

It's kind of odd, but whenever I think of the Bears I think of a team that's been pretty crappy but had a one of a kind defense that earned them a title against the Pats a long time ago.

I have trouble identifying colors, so that looked like the Pats OL (sarcasm)

It would be pretty funny to go to a Bears message board and see a thread about how crappy the Patriots OL looks. Even funnier if posted by Showtime15 or whatever the hell his posting name would be there (Luckman42?)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back