PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT.. AUto Surcharges question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone appealed surcharges from a car accident before and what the process is like? Also, what were the results?

TIA

Guys, Could I plz get some help with this issue?

Thx

look it up....there's probably a merit rating appeals board

My wife contested something 30 years ago and won but that was for a claim where her car wound up underwater on storrow drive

can't win if you don't play

I've beaten parking ticket this way before.

My wife contested something 30 years ago and won but that was for a claim where her car wound up underwater on storrow drive

If you are getting a surcharge for an accident, pretty sure that means you have been assigned fault. Although, this is a no fault state...who knows? I've never been in an accident where it was my fault or no fault. Its always been some dumbarse hitting me.

:confused: But I thought you never went out anywhere anymore. That must've been years ago.

Guys, Could I plz get some help with this issue?

Thx
Look on mass.gov

Either the police report or your insurance company indicated the at fault incident. You only have to be more than 50% at fault.

In MA you can fight surcharges, you have a right to a hearing at district court. But your chances of having the charge overturned are slim to none if you were 50% or more at fault

If you are getting a surcharge for an accident, pretty sure that means you have been assigned fault. Although, this is a no fault state...who knows? I've never been in an accident where it was my fault or no fault. Its always been some dumbarse hitting me.

yeah, but my wife beat the surcharge with a simple letter of appeal.......it was a 1 car thing and of course it was her fault, but they took into consideration the circumstances on storrow drive that day (tons of water) and they removed the surcharge

the damage to the car was hydro lock to the engine........head and block were destroyed

In MA you can fight surcharges, you have a right to a hearing at district court. But your chances of having the charge overturned are slim to none if you were 50% or more at fault

it depends on the circumstances

yeah, but my wife beat the surcharge with a simple letter of appeal.......it was a 1 car thing and of course it was her fault, but they took into consideration the circumstances on storrow drive that day (tons of water) and they removed the surcharge

the damage to the car was hydro lock to the engine........head and block were destroyed
It’s a comprehensive loss not collision thus no surcharge applicable.

It’s a comprehensive loss not collision thus no surcharge applicable.

that's not how they looked at it......but then again, maybe they made the initial mistake of looking at it that way.......the car was moving so there's that.....she drove into the puddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News