PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: All Or Nothing (Amazon Prime Series - AZ Cardinals entire 2015 Season like Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this series? I watched the first two episodes last night, and I am really hooked. I've never been a huge fan of Hard Knocks because it is all centered around training camp and gets repetitive. All or Nothing is an 8-episode series which gets into much more depth about the organization, as they agreed to let the team, coach, owner, and GM all be filmed for the entire season. It goes through draft day, practices, gamedays, scouting, etc. etc. Definitely an awesome show that I would highly recommend if you want to get an inside look at how things really work. Somewhat spoilers below of the first two episodes, but maybe enough to get you intrigued:

• Probably my favorite moment was in the War Room at the 2015 NFL Draft. The Cardinals GM Steve Keim and owner Mike Bidwill are about to get on the clock at 55, and the Lions are picking at 54. Keim and Bidwell are ecstatic that they are about to land Ameer Abdullah of Nebraska, as running back is a big need. They acknowledge that they have strongly desired Abdullah since the combine and this appears to be their biggest coup. They call Abdullah on the phone and tell him they are going to draft him, at which point Abdullah says he has a call from the Lions and hangs up. The Lions took him with the pick before the Cardinals, and the energy is completely sucked out of the room. The Cardinals then pick David Johnson at 86 to fill the RB void, although there is very little fan fare, more of a necessity pick. It's obvious they had no idea how good Johnson would be and felt they had a huge downgrade; I'm sure this happens all the time in the NFL but great to see it up close.
  • Mike Bidwell seems like a great owner. He tells the story of how his grandfather bought the Chicago Cardinals by taking out 5,000 in cash during the depression, with George Halas setting up the surprise offer at a ****tail party (when the Cardinals owner was drunk.) Bidwell has his pilot's license and flies the team and staff sometimes; he is really hands-on and clearly loves football. I used to live in Arizona and remember a lot of negativity about the Bidwell family, but Mike seems great.
  • Steve Keim is a huge Tom Brady fan. Someone is listing the best quarterbacks in the league and says "Brees, Manning" at which point Keim quickly interrupts with"Brady". It's also revealed that Keim's three boys are named Warner, Carson, and Brady, two of whom played for the Cardinals and the other who is clearly Keim's favorite QB outside the franchise.
  • Bruce Arians seems like a total @sshole; I really don't like him, as it's clear that he is one of these guys who will gladly throw others under the bus for his own gain, which we've already seen in the media. One thing stood out, I think unintentionally by the producers. In the first game of the season, the Cardinals are winning by 3-4 points with a few minutes left; Arians tells Palmer to be careful with the ball; Palmer throws a 50-yard TD to David Johnson. Arians celebrates in a self-promoting way screaming "that's why you play to win!!!" Then a few games later, same situation, but Palmer throws a costly INT on a tipped ball, and Arians has a screaming hissy fit at Palmer.
  • Speaking of Palmer, I would love to have seen a show like this about Brady, obviously. Palmer just appears to be a meathead who does not have a lot of leadership. Can't believe he got AP All-Pro Second Team over Brady that year...so much talent all around him, I mean, this team was really stacked.
  • Finally, a couple of quick Steelers tidbits, since they are are opponents. First, Tomlin just looks like a total d-bag in the one scene where he is shown when Arians returns. The chain hanging down and the sunglasses, what a tool. Second, what Tomlin said about the Patriots is actually pretty minor stuff and every day speech, compared to the Cardinals locker room. Even in the final edits, the language is pretty obscene and there is a clear hatred for every opponent. Third, from a strategic perspective, I'm pretty sure that the former Steelers that makeup a lot of the Cardinals coaching staff were saying that Butler is basically just doing the same stuff LeBeau did for 40 years, which would be a good thing for Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back