PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Aldon Smith arrested for third DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised he even has a license after his second one...how did he swing that?

Ever hear of Uber?

Seriously, one thing these football players learn in college is common sense. Him and Sheldon Richardson have to be the dumbest people on the face of the earth.

Should have lost his license for 2 years after his second. Third DUI is 3 years.

In MA 3rd DUI you lose it for 8 years.

I won't be surprised if he's released by the end of the day. He's looking at at least a half-year suspension. Then again, who knows, with our ****weed of a commissioner.

is 3 DWI (and how many total arrests) more severe that more likely than not being generally aware of something someone else may or may not have done?

Naw, Roger will give him 2 games.

The guy really needs AA help. Seriously.
Problem being he likely needs to sink much further before realization & commitment.
Agree ... hopefully he gets the medical help he needs and pursues it with the same vigor he has for his career.

You do not need a license to drive a car.

I think Roger Goodell should pay a law firm 2.5-3M to investigate this case, think about this for a few months, leak information and then get public opinion to come up with a suspension.

is 3 DWI (and how many total arrests) more severe that more likely than not being generally aware of something someone else may or may not have done?

Naw, Roger will give him 2 games.
Yeah, and if he killed someone while DUI he would get 4 games.

Yeah, and if he killed someone while DUI he would get 4 games.

But cut to 2 on appeal if he let Roger take his phone home for a few days.

I'm surprised he even has a license after his second one...how did he swing that?

Ever hear of Uber?

This is extra hilarious because Aldon Smith lives in the Bay Area where Uber and many other ride sharing services are from.

Seriously, one thing these football players learn in college is common sense. Him and Sheldon Richardson have to be the dumbest people on the face of the earth.

Both played at Mizzou, probably even together for a few years even though I'm too lazy to check.

Side story on Aldon Smith: the year of his draft I sat next to an NFL scout for the Cardinals at an airport bar. I was really into the draft back then so I was able to rattle off a lot of names and when we eventually got to Aldon Smith the scout said: "he's a heck of a talent but an absolute jarhead." Jarhead as in the word people use to describe US marines that act like idiots in public. That scout was pretty good.

....did he allegedly know about deflating a football??? no big deal

seriously, aldon smith is a moron.

More importantly: many teams (though possibly not the 49ers) have a service that will pick players up, no questions asked, and take them home, precisely to prevent such a scenario.

There is no excuse for a drunk NFL player to get arrested for DWI. Literally none whatsoever. I have no f—ks to give for whatever "explanation" Smith might want to offer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back