PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:2007 HOF Eligible Players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Following are those that are eligible for induction this summer.I think Davis,Matthews,and Hopefully Carnell Lake get in on the first try..Thoughts?

First-Year Eligibles
Eric Allen, LeRoy Butler, Randall Cunningham, Terrell Davis, Carnell Lake, Bruce Matthews, Randall McDaniel, Ricky Watters, Mark Stepnoski, Steve Wisniewski

Wisniewski, Davis, Matthews, Cunningham, and Watters are the only guys I'd really even consider HOF candidates. Matthews is the only surefire first balloter, and surefire is stretching it a little. Maybe Art Monk and Andre Tippett make it this year.

Last edited:
I would like to see Phil Simms get another consideration. For a long time in his career he was the only bright light on that offense. Most people only remember him from the first Super Bowl onward. The Giants were kind of like the Patriots in their first two Super Bowl appearances-they came out of nowhere and Simms was the only constant. Just my opinion. Paul

I wouldn't be suprised if Cunningham got in, the media loves him. But in my eyes he is another overrated QB like Michael Vick who makes the occasional spectacular play but in the overall picture he is not that good.

I hope Cunningham makes it. He was my first sports hero growing up. Still like the guy and he was always underrated in my eyes.

So Tippett can still make it in?
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.
Art Monk deserves it too.

363839 said:
So Tippett can still make it in?
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.
Art Monk deserves it too.

I certainly agree Art Monk deserves it and I'm rooting for Andre Tippett as well.

Patriots4Ever said:
Following are those that are eligible for induction this summer.I think Davis,Matthews,and Hopefully Carnell Lake get in on the first try..Thoughts?

First-Year Eligibles
Eric Allen, LeRoy Butler, Randall Cunningham, Terrell Davis, Carnell Lake, Bruce Matthews, Randall McDaniel, Ricky Watters, Mark Stepnoski, Steve Wisniewski

Re: the first-year eligibles, I would vote for Matthews and Stepnoski. I'd have to think about McDaniel and Wisniewski. I've always thought that OLs and DTs didn't receive enough credit or consideration. I don't consider, however, Pro Bowl appearances as a method of determining one's worthiness. They are popularity votes, nothing more.

Looks like a year when guys who don't deserve to get in will make it.

Ark Monk was a mediocre WR for a long time so he ended up with good reception stats. He belongs in the HOF the year after they induct Irving Frysr who no one on this earth thinks should be there but was a better player than Monk was. Fryar had more yards, more YPC, and more TDs than Monk but because he caught less 3 yds hitches no one would think he was a HOF WR but many think the inferior Monk is because he was a nice guy.

Phil Simms didn't play in the Giants' second Super Bowl victory.

That is true-he was injured early in the season and Jeff Hoestettler was the QB. My point is that he was ignored for much of his career and deserves to be in the HOF for his career accomplishments and what he meant to the Giants. Paul

Seymour93 said:
I hope Cunningham makes it. He was my first sports hero growing up. Still like the guy and he was always underrated in my eyes.

I loved Randall Cunningham. He was one of the more exciting players. He was on my first fantasy football team...which I won.

However, I do not think he should be in the HOF.

D. Dawson should get in, A Tippett, A Monk. Matthers is the only first ballot possible HOF guy on that list IMO.

patsfan13 said:
D. Dawson should get in, A Tippett, A Monk. Matthers is the only first ballot possible HOF guy on that list IMO.

I Agree,D.Dawson Anchored that Steelers line for years.Helped paved many a hole for Bettis.I always loved watching that dude play..

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back