PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ortiz said “other football players” used the Hernandez apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "other football players" probably were from Odin Lloyd's semi-pro team.

Yes

This the same Hernandez who everyone tells us never ever hung around with other Pats players? FL team mate Spikes once or twice excepted.

Yes

This the same Hernandez who everyone tells us never ever hung around with other Pats players? FL team mate Spikes once or twice excepted.

I immediately thought of Odin Lloyd's teammates as well.

That BETTER be it, anyway. I suppose Spikes is the one I wonder about the most.

I really, really hope nothing else comes of that little statement. But Hernandez can't not socialize teammates and have them over at his bachelor hole in the wall at the same time. That's somewhat comforting.

this...it seems as if most pats players didn't hang around with AH much outside of work

An interesting Ortiz factoid from FOX 25 Ted Daniel "On 6/25 Carlos Ortiz goes to scheduled meeting with Probation Officer in Bristol, CT. Mass Police waiting for him. Next day AH in cuffs."

Ya think he was talkin'?

Ortiz and Lloyd allegedly had never met before that evening.

I think Ortiz is preying on the DA's desire to convicted a celebrity.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the likelihood of Pats personnel being subpoenaed to testify at Ahern's trial.

An interesting Ortiz factoid from FOX 25 Ted Daniel "On 6/25 Carlos Ortiz goes to scheduled meeting with Probation Officer in Bristol, CT. Mass Police waiting for him. Next day AH in cuffs."

Ya think he was talkin'?

I'm beginning to wonder if Ortiz shot him. I gave a longer theory in the Hernandez investigated for double homicide thread. If you're interested it's posts 503 and 504.

This has been on the other thread all day. How many "former TE" threads do we need ?

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the likelihood of Pats personnel being subpoenaed to testify at Ahern's trial.

Not much to offer. I don't see them having anything that can aid the prosecution. Actually let me rephrase that I don't see them admitting to having anything.

From USA Today 7/10/2013....maybe Curran should do some good old research and went out there like Kevin Manahan from USA TODAY Sports instead of speculating. I guess speculating gets more clicks and views:
Aaron Hernandez's 'flop house' neighbors never saw red flags

If there's anything going on in and around the courtyard at 599 Old West Central Street, she's watching. At 67, the former college biology professor still has the keen eyes that could scan a classroom and spot a troublemaker in an instant.

So, when police said that Carlos Ortiz told them that "other football players" besides Aaron Hernandez crashed at the apartment next to hers, Bailey shakes her head.

She believes she would know – first, because nothing escapes her as the unofficial neighborhood watchdog, and because, well, she would know a football player when she sees one. She rattles off New England Patriots players' names, and talks about OTAs and workouts from beneath her Red Sox cap.

"I never saw any other players around here," Bailey said Wednesday, the day after Ortiz's statements were revealed in an affidavit for a Florida search warrant. "It was mostly just Aaron Hernandez and George."

George, she said, is Ernest Wallace, who used his middle name when he introduced himself to her when he moved into the apartment in May. Wallace, who "was always smiling," never divulged his last name, she said, and told her that he was moving into the unit "with his cousin," whom he never named.

The "cousin" turned out to be Aaron Hernandez.

On those days, Hernandez and Wallace would arrive between 4 and 4:30 p.m., she said, in a white Chevy Suburban, driven by Wallace. They would park next to the building and hang out in the apartment, but they were quiet tenants. Occasionally, they would sit on the small balcony and drink beer, said Chris Mongillo, who said he doesn't remember seeing women at the apartment.

"It was more of a bachelor pad," he said, but he doesn't remember seeing any other Patriots on the complex's small campus, tucked back into the woods.

From USA Today 7/10/2013....maybe Curran should do some good old research and went out there like Kevin Manahan from USA TODAY Sports instead of speculating. I guess speculating gets more clicks and views:

Well, she never recognized Hernandez being there for that matter and we know he was there - so the fact that she may not have recognized others doesn't give me a lot of comfort.

Well, she never recognized Hernandez being there for that matter and we know he was there - so the fact that she may not have recognized others doesn't give me a lot of comfort.

Try reading it again.

"I never saw any other players around here," Bailey said Wednesday, the day after Ortiz's statements were revealed in an affidavit for a Florida search warrant. "It was mostly just Aaron Hernandez and George."

Bailey said she quickly realized the "cousin" ruse, but figured Hernandez wanted privacy. After all, whenever he was at the complex, Hernandez had the hood on his sweatshirt pulled over his head.

What town is this apt.

"other football players used" is a vague and nebulous term, that at this stage means nothing, except to those who want to make it into something...

It could be any number of variables... as he was considered a loner when it came to Patriots, could mean nothing..

Despite his occasional forays into lunacy, I've always enjoyed Curran. But I fear Ol' Tom E. may be slipping into the Borges/Felger/Breer cesspool since he felt snubbed not being invited to Bob Kraft's recent meeting with selected media members. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes