PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One, Two or Three TE's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you want to create a new offense with one TE.

Some want two, as long as we have a TE or two on the Practice Squad.

Some want three.

SOME THOUGHTS
The running game suffers when we don't have three TE's. It is great to suggest that Develin should be the #2 TE, but the running game also uses a FB very well.

Another "solution"is to use an OT as our 3rd TE. The last time I looked, we needed to add at least one OT. We really shouldn't be counting on OT's to play TE.

The only reason that this is a discussion is that so many here want to keep so many WR's plus a PR plus a STer.

CONCLUSIONS
1) Brown can be our punt returner. Gunner should be waived.
2) Our WR's are Edelman, Gordon, Brown and Dorsett. That's four, all a team needs and then one more, especially with Harry coming back, and perhaps even Meredith (although he is more likely a 2020 player.
3) Because we have questions with regard to Gordon and Brown, we need a 5th WR who can step right in and start if necessary. That player is Thomas.
4) Myers is a binkie and a prospect for 2020. I'd prefer that we extend Dorsett and start 2020 with Edelman, Dorsett, Harry and Meredith and perhaps extend one of Brown, Gordon and Thomas. Obviously, BB would also pick up his normal one our two later round or UDFA WR's.
5) I suspect that we need Obi more than Meyers, although I could see us cutting Obi. We played a SEVEN DB set a lot last night.

EDIT
6) I guess that I should answer my own OP. I think that we should plan for 3 TE's, two plus Watson. We do have a decision to make this week with regard to Kendricks.

We will want Brown and Kendricks on the team for Sunday, so I would think that the announcements need to happen by tomorrow. If Brown's contract is submitted today, then we need to make cap room and a roster spot available today.

It would be good to bring Bodine back today or tomorrow so that he can be available on Sunday.

You have another thread/conversation starter

Lots Of Decisions To Make This Week

When does the team actually need to make a decision?

How about this number of TEs:

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes