PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like the Chargers opened as a one-point favorite, now most venues have it as a pick'em.

LAC has lost four of their last five, and have averaged just 2.6 yards per carry in posting three straight games under 100 yards rushing.

IMHO the Pats should not give up on the running game even if it does not work out early, as they did against Houston.

The biggest disappointment with the Chargers this year is easy to spot: It’s the defense, now 25th of 32 in points allowed.
Expected to be good, the defense has played a major role in the team’s eight defeats in 11 games and giant step back that could lead to a coaching overhaul.
The Chargers are 31st in takeaway percentage. In yards per rush attempt, they’re 30th.
In the latest defeat Sunday, the Bills scored two touchdowns without a Chargers defender in the same ZIP code.
If head coach Anthony Lynn is fired at season’s end, critics will point to his game management. I won’t belabor that point. It’s been a problem.
Poor special teams play, as noted many times, has been a constant in the eight years Tom Telesco and John Spanos have headed Chargers football operations.

Coaching: F-​

Undisciplined, clutter and confusion. Anthony “Rolex” Lynn had another terrible bout of clock managementitis at the end of the half and in the fourth quarter (torched a TO to kick a FG when he could have taken a delay). His students had the discipline of sugared-up kindergartners. Horrendous short-yardage calls. Why is the 6-6, 240-pound QB sneak anathema (until the end when it doesn’t matter)? Unforgivable. Did have 12 men on the field once (one too many).

Until further notice, you have to assume that we’re seeing 9 guys within 8 yards of the LOS. It’s going to be damn hard to run the ball. Oh, and a whole lot of pressure being sent our way when we do pass. Passing game simply has to be competent. Quick game has to improve.

Until further notice, you have to assume that we’re seeing 9 guys within 8 yards of the LOS. It’s going to be damn hard to run the ball. Oh, and a whole lot of pressure being sent our way when we do pass. Passing game simply has to be competent. Quick game has to improve.
It's been that way all season... passing has been atrocious.

Pats offense is ranked second to last (31st) in Interception Percentage... every time they drop back to pass they're an interception (3rd most) waiting to happen, and they pass less (30th in pass attempts) than just about everyone in the NFL.

Playoff hope is alive and kicking.We win out, we sneak in. This is a highly winnable game if the defense shows up.

If they can get by the Chargers the defense may be able to get them to the playoffs:

vs. Wilson, Mahomes & Watson

9 TDs 1 INT

vs all other QBs (8 games)

7 TDs 11 INTs

Weeks 14-17

Goff
Tagovailoa/Fitzpatrick
Allen
Darnold

Something no one is talking about... Losing Rex really hurt this offense. He had done a great job in the Edelman void, with clutch receptions, and explosive out of the backfield. They don't have anyone else like that except MAYBE J.J... but he's pretty green.
But why doesn't Gunner get a shot on O more? Give the guy the bubble screens, etc... I just can't believe Harry is given such a long rope with absolutely NO production.

Last edited:
They've probably already been doing this, but if you've seen the drumming movie, Whiplash, they need the Dink and Dunk version of that. BB: "Why do you suppose I just hurled a chair at you, Newton? Now are an overthrower or an underthrower or are you GONNA THROW IT TO THE GO*^*#MN RECEIVER?!?"

They've probably already been doing this, but if you've seen the drumming movie, Whiplash, they need the Dink and Dunk version of that. BB: "Why do you suppose I just hurled a chair at you, Newton? Now are an overthrower or an underthrower or are you GONNA THROW IT TO THE GO*^*#MN RECEIVER?!?"
It seems like Bill is treating Cam with kid gloves. I can't imagine that isn't by design.

It seems like Bill is treating Cam with kid gloves. I can't imagine that isn't by design.
Tough to really tell, but it does seem that way. I have to wonder how many times Johnny Foxborough has made an appearance at practice.

f*ck yeah........beats slobbering over a couple of buccaneers

That’s because we have nothing at the TE position besides Izzo and two dinged-up rookies and our supposed expert at high pointing the football within the WR corps, Harry, kind of sucks. Then you have Newton’s terrible footwork after that.

I think Bill has to or else he will lose him mentally. Not sure if that really matters at this point though given how awful he is playing. I shutter to think what the Charger D will do to him.

Last edited:
That’s because we have nothing at the TE position besides Izzo and two dinged-up rookies and our supposed expert at high pointing the football within the WR corps, Harry, kind of sucks. Then you have Newton’s terrible footwork after that.
Kind of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes