PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On this day 1982

Now in those situations, when a team calls a time out, the players become a human snow plow clearing a path for the kicker........

4q3upx.gif

The Shula fanboys deliberately forget that he was offered the use of the same snowplow earlier in the contest, and he arrogantly refused.

So fark Shula.

**** the rotting carc-ass of Don Shula, and that of his owner too.
On the subject of Shula. When he started the asterisk talk about the Pats in 2007 I became aware of the fact that when he left the Baltimore Colts to go to the Dolphins, Miami was fined a 1st round pick and a record amount of cash for breaking the rules of the NYFL in 1970, that time for tampering.

Ironically, those were the exact same reasons (loss of a pick and cash) that Shula gave for the Pats asterisk. At that time some of his ex-players had to come forward to tell Shula to stop whining about the Pats because it was exposing the Dolphins to the same criticism for their undefeated season.

Don Shula was a HC for 33 years and had the luxury of some of the best QBs in the history of the game, John Unitas and Dan Marino for 21 years plus Bob Griese for 10. In his 33 years he led his teams to only 3 titles, one in 68 with Unitas and two in 71 and 72 with Griese, which were a direct result of Miami's cheating, including their vaunted undefeated season that they crow about every year.

Don Shula has been the recipient of what I call the Yazstremski award. His greatness was a result of his longevity as much as anything.

RIP Don.

On the subject of Shula. When he started the asterisk talk about the Pats in 2007 I became aware of the fact that when he left the Baltimore Colts to go to the Dolphins, Miami was fined a 1st round pick and a record amount of cash for breaking the rules of the NYFL in 1970, that time for tampering.

Ironically, those were the exact same reasons (loss of a pick and cash) that Shula gave for the Pats asterisk. At that time some of his ex-players had to come forward to tell Shula to stop whining about the Pats because it was exposing the Dolphins to the same criticism for their undefeated season.

Don Shula was a HC for 33 years and had the luxury of some of the best QBs in the history of the game, John Unitas and Dan Marino for 21 years plus Bob Griese for 10. In his 33 years he led his teams to only 3 titles, one in 68 with Unitas and two in 71 and 72 with Griese, which were a direct result of Miami's cheating, including their vaunted undefeated season that they crow about every year.

Don Shula has been the recipient of what I call the Yazstremski award. His greatness was a result of his longevity as much as anything.

RIP Don.
Agree with everything but the last line. Yaz in September 1967carried and willed a team to a pennant.....
Shula was only 19-17 in the playoffs with 9 "one and dones" same number as Peyton.....

Agree with everything but the last line. Yaz in September 1967carried and willed a team to a pennant.....
Shula was only 19-17 in the playoffs with 9 "one and dones" same number as Peyton.....
Help me with a better name for a longevity award. I've been using Yaz because I hate MLB. :)

Help me with a better name for a longevity award. I've been using Yaz because I hate MLB. :)
Frank Gore's career rushing total. Great back, don't get me wrong, top 20 and a hall-of-famer. But he was never an Emmitt Smith/ Walter Payton / Jim Brown / Barry Sanders type back that you had to gear your whole defensive game plan around, though his career rushing stats would put him in that crowd (and toward the TOP of that crowd).

Better example: Lenny Wilkins as an NBA coach. 2487 wins! Winning percentage 53.6%. Playoff winning percentage 44.9%. 32 seasons, 1 NBA championship, a 52-30 Seattle team. Lenny Wilkens | Basketball-Reference.com

Last edited:
The Shula fanboys deliberately forget that he was offered the use of the same snowplow earlier in the contest, and he arrogantly refused.

So fark Shula.
Rivalries abound, including sports ones across our country. Hatfields & McCoys comes to mind.

The Shula thing stands out because he was nationally revered and had league authority, power and influence, and fueled a national unwarranted bias against the Patriots which unsurprisingly so far has led to three fake scandals and millions of league dollars spent with corruption to suspend an innocent premier star player.

It is a testament to Kraft's brilliance that he convinced Brady to stay here long enough to win another title. Tom spent two decades seeing friends go off and play the game and live their lives without the headaches. Most guys would have got the hell out of here long before.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back