PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oldest/Most obscure Pats jersey you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a Curtis Martin Pro-Bowl Jersey for the Patriots, don't know how old I was when I got it, but it was huge then and still fits.

I have a very rare Branch jersey, it says Welker on it. :D

I have a Grogan jersey that I've had since I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade. I'm 37 now. I'm saving it for my kids, hoping they'll get the same enjoyment out of it that I did. My oldest is just about ready to wear it as a nightshirt, and he's five. I can still remember the day my Dad bought it for me, and the first day I wore it to school, wearing it like a nightgown. I was the most popular guy in school, every time I wore that jersey. Back then, there was no such thing as team jerseys, the only way you had to represent your team was to collect magnets or cards, maybe a sticker album. My dad had seats three rows up from the field in Foxboro! I've seen the likes of Noll, Landry, Bradshaw and Joe Ferguson pass through those tunnels and I knew, even back then, that I would forever be a Patriots fan.

I stand behind this team till the day I die.

Two of the first jerseys (both replicas) I purchased were a #44 (Marion Butts) and #59 (Vincent Brown).

In hindsight, I'm really glad I picked up #59.

I have all recent ones except a Vinatieri white one with the Flying Elvis on the shoulder. I never wear it, it is so ugly.

Anyone interested in a Brady XL and XXL

or Moss XL and XXL

I bought them from a Guy that was going through hard times...

I have pics if your interested....thanks

terry glenn or ben coats. i also have bledose and martin for old school

Most obscure jersey I have is a #7 Hugh Millen jersey from 1992...bought this for almost nothing once they presented the new jerseys for the 1993 season (and Millen had been released).

I got my money back a couple of years ago : I was tailgating with a couple of friends at Foxboro when a stranger came up to me, asking if I was wearing a Hugh Millen jersey. I said I was. They guy was betting with one of his friend that my jersey was Millen's old jersey number, and since he won his bet, he offered me a beer...

Don't happen to have any obscure/old jerseys just-
Brady Away Replica
Moss 2008 Pro Bowl Replica
Welker Home Authentic

Terry Glenn #88 authentic jersey from 1999. I removed the nameplate. I learned my lesson -- a couple years ago I had an authentic silver alternate made with my high school number and PATRIOTS on the nameplate.

Last edited:
I couldn't afford Pats jerseys back in the good ole days. The oldest ones I have are a Ty Law and a Troy Brown. My current "wears" are Vrabel and Welker.

Got an authentic Ted Johnson jersey. He was the shiznit in the 90's. Wish we had another one just like him now to pair up with Mayo

Oh ya forgot, I got a Bledsoe too.

I hate to admit it, but I have an Andy Katzenmoyer jersey. I also have a Drew Bledsoe jersey which isn’t that obscure, but it was a home jersey with the Super Bowl XXXI patch on it.

Not a jersey, but rummaging through the closet I found a “Squeeze the cheese” shirt from Super Bowl XXXI, which is probably somewhat obscure these days.

its good to own a retro jersey, it shows how much and how long of a fan you are. I always get that thing about being a bandwagon for the Colts but im not....ive been a fan for years now.

mine is a curtis martin jersey. bought right before he left the team, bastard. what a waste of $$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down