PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, I Officially Want Denver Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
IF we beat the Jags (I said IF), I want the Pats to play the Broncos.
Why? Here's Reiss' Pieces today:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
____
"When it comes to run defense this week, patience and discipline will be key because of the Jaguars’ scheme. Unlike gap-running teams that run plays to specific areas of the field, the Jaguars are a zone-running team, according to Bill Belichick.

That means the runner (most often Fred Taylor) doesn’t have a specific spot to hit, but instead reads the entire defense and hits wherever there is a crease. It’s similar, Belichick said, to the Broncos’ successful scheme."
_____

It would then fit quite nicely for the Pats to get some recent game experience working on this very type of run system.

Reiss is the greatest.

Last edited:
Makes sense shmessy.

ya

shmessy said:
IF we beat the Jags (I said IF), I want the Pats to play the Broncos.
Why? Here's Reiss' Pieces today:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
____
"When it comes to run defense this week, patience and discipline will be key because of the Jaguars’ scheme. Unlike gap-running teams that run plays to specific areas of the field, the Jaguars are a zone-running team, according to Bill Belichick.

That means the runner (most often Fred Taylor) doesn’t have a specific spot to hit, but instead reads the entire defense and hits wherever there is a crease. It’s similar, Belichick said, to the Broncos’ successful scheme."
_____

It would then fit quite nicely for the Pats to get some recent game experience working on this very type of run system.

Reiss is the greatest.

Excellant point! Let's get past the jags first though. Although if i were to pick what i wanted, i would play indy when they are coming off of all this time off---they will be rusty and that's the best chance to beat them. we could still play the bronco's but i guess if i am dreaming i would rather have it go:

beat jags at home
beat indy at indy
beat pit at home
beat chicago in detroit! :rocker:

mtbykr said:
Excellant point! Let's get past the jags first though. Although if i were to pick what i wanted, i would play indy when they are coming off of all this time off---they will be rusty and that's the best chance to beat them. we could still play the bronco's but i guess if i am dreaming i would rather have it go:

beat jags at home
beat indy at indy
beat pit at home
beat chicago in detroit! :rocker:

Unfortunately your forecast is flawed because if Pitt wins against Cinci, they automatically play Indy (unless the Jags beat us). There is no possibility of us playing both Indy and Pitt.

I understand your point, but what I think is optimal would be to get the experience against the very same running system in the Jags to be ready for the Bronco. In the meantime, the Steelers BEAT UP on Indy. If Pittsburgh can just play Indy, we have a win-win situation. If Pitt wins, we're home against a team we can handle. If Indy wins, Pitt (which is one of the most brutally physical teams in the NFL) would have probably battered them pretty thoroughly.

Last edited:
yup

shmessy said:
Unfortunately your forecast is flawed because if Pitt wins against Cinci, they automatically play Indy (unless the Jags beat us). There is no possibility of us playing both Indy and Pitt.

I understand your point, but what I think is optimal would be to get the experience against the very same running system in the Jags to be ready for the Bronco. In the meantime, the Steelers BEAT UP on Indy. If Pittsburgh can just play Indy, we have a win-win situation. If Pitt wins, we're home against a team we can handle. If Indy wins, Pitt (which is one of the most brutally physical teams in the NFL) would have probably battered them pretty thoroughly.

Please forgive me, i don't know why i had that brain fart. I see your logic and agree with you. We will see what happens i guess this weekend--i have a feeling that pitt wins though---so we may be on to denver. Lets go skin the jags first!

mtbykr said:
Please forgive me, i don't know why i had that brain fart. I see your logic and agree with you. We will see what happens i guess this weekend--i have a feeling that pitt wins though---so we may be on to denver. Lets go skin the jags first!

Amen, Mighty Biker! Can't wait - this'll be one interesting weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back