PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offseason Threads - the plan going forward

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I know we have threads that are related to various players, topics, etc. However, if a new report/rumor emerges on a player, the plan will be to start a new thread and continue any conversation about an individual player there. We have a lot of mega threads, and it makes it difficult to immediately spot breaking news in an existing thread, which is what people obviously come here to both find and discuss. Changing the title also breaks the existing link, so I'd prefer to move away from that practice once we get closer to free agency.

Obviously, we have a giant free agency thread, but it's difficult to go through and find information on various players without wading through the 650+ posts that are in it. As a result, as soon as reports begin to emerge on various players, it makes sense to break it out. For non-Pats players - or players they were targeting who went elsewhere, we can do an "OT:" and post reactions before then moving those to the NFL Forum, which I think would be a good way to also make that area a little more useful.

So that will be the plan. I can appreciate not wanting multiple threads on the same player, but for the sake of making it faster to find the latest in what's going on, that will be how I'd like to handle it. Obviously, if anyone wants to provide any thoughts, suggestions, that's certainly always appreciated. :cool:

Can we have draft discussions, possibly by category, in the main forum from the combine until the draft? I’m thinking break it down by 1st round favorites/options, then by position, as dedicating a thread to every player would obviously overwhelm the forum. That and free agency are clearly the primary topics for the next 3 months.

Edit: And don’t say no.

Can we have draft discussions, possibly by category, in the main forum from the combine until the draft? I’m thinking break it down by 1st round favorites/options, then by position, as dedicating a thread to every player would obviously overwhelm the forum. That and free agency are clearly the primary topics for the next 3 months.

Edit: And don’t say no.
Those will probably be in the draft forum, primarily so they don't get buried during all the free agency news. And I'll see about maybe adding a block to pin some of them in here to help keep them in view, as well as the fact the ones that are active will appear in the top discussion bar.

Those will probably be in the draft forum, primarily so they don't get buried during all the free agency news. And I'll see about maybe adding a block to pin some of them in here to help keep them in view, as well as the fact the ones that are active will appear in the top discussion bar.

Unacceptable. Try again Ian.

so, in the conor mcdermott thread, there is some discussion of other OL players like Yodny Cajuste for example... you want us to like quote a post (to keep that discussion going) and open a new thread under the header of the new player? stuff like that?

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Ian,

Yeah the draft is important... but it's hit or miss.. I'm sure we'll have another solid draft, but it's not as interesting to me as say free agency.. because we have an opportunity to get some players to help us win now.. the draft is about building for the future of course.. however we did have a great draft last 2 seasons..

I know we have threads that are related to various players, topics, etc. However, if a new report/rumor emerges on a player, the plan will be to start a new thread and continue any conversation about an individual player there. We have a lot of mega threads, and it makes it difficult to immediately spot breaking news in an existing thread, which is what people obviously come here to both find and discuss. Changing the title also breaks the existing link, so I'd prefer to move away from that practice once we get closer to free agency.

Obviously, we have a giant free agency thread, but it's difficult to go through and find information on various players without wading through the 650+ posts that are in it. As a result, as soon as reports begin to emerge on various players, it makes sense to break it out. For non-Pats players - or players they were targeting who went elsewhere, we can do an "OT:" and post reactions before then moving those to the NFL Forum, which I think would be a good way to also make that area a little more useful.

So that will be the plan. I can appreciate not wanting multiple threads on the same player, but for the sake of making it faster to find the latest in what's going on, that will be how I'd like to handle it. Obviously, if anyone wants to provide any thoughts, suggestions, that's certainly always appreciated. :cool:
Totally agree. Those not wanting multiple threads are free to not click on them.

so, in the conor mcdermott thread, there is some discussion of other OL players like Yodny Cajuste for example... you want us to like quote a post (to keep that discussion going) and open a new thread under the header of the new player? stuff like that?
A little late on this, but yes. Any confirmed rumor or news should go to a new thread. Not remain buried in a 500+ post thread. :cool:

A little late on this, but yes. Any confirmed rumor or news should go to a new thread. Not remain buried in a 500+ post thread. :cool:
*buffs nails on shirt* its a 1000+ post thread :cool: ... Lol, sorry couldn't resist :rofl:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots