PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official SF/GB playoff game thread, open for bidness...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins and by how much?

• Packers by 6 or more

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Packers by 5 or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 49ers win in an upset

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So very happy to see Rodgers get knocked out once again.

Only Rodgers could get away with deflecting another underachieving postseason. All the talk is if he'll come back. Not about putting up only 10 points and really doing nothing after that first drive.

He's lost to: Warner, Eli, Kaepernick X2, Wilson, JG X2, Palmer, Ryan and Brady. In the same playoff year Brady later beat Wilson and Ryan. Other than Brady not a murder's row. Warner retired after that season and wasn't the greatest show on turf at that point in his career. Yes Brady has 2 losses to Eli and Flacco but those were more about the defenses and a loss to Foles that was more about our defense as he put up record setting numbers. The one loss you can look at Brady and say WTF was 2010 Jets.

Rodgers wins: Vick, Ryan, Cutler, Ben, Joe Webb, Romo X2, Cousins, Eli, Wilson and Goff. Ben and Wilson I'll give him but what a list of gaggers and then there's Joe Webb, lol. Brady beat Wilson and Ryan along with Ben several times.

Say what you will about Manning but at least most of his losses came against Brady or some very good defenses in Pitt, SD and Baltimore who had decent to borderline HOFers (yes Ben will make it and probably Rivers as well but should they really?).

I've always contended the Rodgers comp should be Steve Young. HOF QBs no doubt and a physical skillset that's as good as it gets but not in the top ten conversation nevermind the GOAT conversation. You can throw all the QBR stats up you want. When it counted they wilted.
You can say the same thing about Young as you did Manning.

From 1992-4 they played Dallas in the NFCCG and lost 2 of 3. We're talking early 90s Dallas ..

From 1995-98 they ran into an elite Packers team and lost 3 of 4 but won on a GW drive in 98.

Those 9ers teams were not at DAL or GB level.

That is not Young's fault. He lost to better teams

I watched the season premiere of Billions last night...I thought Ozark premier was the 24th?
Haven’t seen it yet, but I went back to the last episode of last season to get ready for it. Great Show. So good to see Billions and Ozark back.

Haven’t seen it yet, but I went back to the last episode of last season to get ready for it. Great Show. So good to see Billions and Ozark back.
Billions without Axe will be interesting.

49ers recently won at Packers, at Dallas
I have painful memories of a team squeaking into the play-offs and then winning on the road all the way to the Superbowl (including at Green Bay). They ended up winning the Superbowl. I'm sure you remember. Perhaps SF will do the same :(

Billions without Axe will be interesting.

Corey Stoll ( Mike Prince) is a really good actor, I actually think he can pull this off. Damien Lewis threw them for a loop when he told them he wasn’t returning, they had set everything up for the final Axe- Chuck showdown and had to change it completely.

Honestly, as far as a single game can go I can scarcely think of a more legacy damaging game than last night considering the larger context of Rodgers’ entire career.

So if the talk is correct and he is moving on from GB will this knock him back or would a team (Denver ?) still jump at the chance...maybe his price has slipped a bit.

Corey Stoll ( Mike Prince) is a really good actor, I actually think he can pull this off. Damien Lewis threw them for a loop when he told them he wasn’t returning, they had set everything up for the final Axe- Chuck showdown and had to change it completely.
Agree on Corey Stoll. He's good.

I read Lewis walked away b/c his wife died? Sheesh...

As long as Wags doesn't go anywhere...

Rodgers is already speaking on whether he will be back in GB or not.

Its almost as if he didnt care if he won or lost.

The cap is mostly fake BUT the Packers are 50 million over next year without Adams on the books. It’s a very tough situation.

Aaron cares about Aaron. Always has, always will. Some posters will surely be in the “yes, as he should ! if you don’t look out for yourself, no one will”. But AR takes it to the ultimate egocentric level that no one approaches.

All the talk of AR being a Top 5 QB needs to be silenced forever

On my personal rankings, I’d have to seriously consider demoting him below Bradshaw after last night. Bradshaw was a good statistical QB for his era and played big in the big games. And while the Steelers defense was great, that was an era where other teams also had great defenses (example, imagine how great that Vikings defense would be if the team had played well in Super Bowls.)

I know you mentioned Bradshaw in the QB rankings thread, as he was overall in the same tier as Rodgers (based on computer assigned values.)

People should be ranking Rodgers against guys like Bradshaw, Favre, Dawson, and Tarkenton. Not Brady, Montana, Unitas, and Staubach.

The cap is mostly fake BUT the Packers are 50 million over next year without Adams on the books. It’s a very tough situation.
It sort of seems like a Brady/Tampa deal where Rodgers wants to prove that he can win another Lombardi with anyone but the Packers.

Denver was a rumored to be a landing spot for him.

He needs to take a paycut for GB to have a chance at staying competitive with him. Also there's no team he can go to that would be better than GB right now.

Anyway the loss imho was not due to Rodgers...ST were atrocious...

Aaron cares about Aaron. Always has, always will. Some posters will surely be in the “yes, as he should ! if you don’t look out for yourself, no one will”. But AR takes it to the ultimate egocentric level that no one approaches.
I support his stance on the voodoo vaccine.

Im disappointed with his lack of fire yesterday. I didnt see a guy who could be playing his last game.

It sort of seems like a Brady/Tampa deal where Rodgers wants to prove that he can win another Lombardi with anyone but the Packers.

Denver was a rumored to be a landing spot for him.

He won’t win. This was his last shot. Imagine going to a division with Mahomes and Herbert that’s in a conference with Allen, Burrow, and Jackson (yeah Jackson is iffy here)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back