PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official SF/GB playoff game thread, open for bidness...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins and by how much?

• Packers by 6 or more

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Packers by 5 or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 49ers win in an upset

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the 2 quarterbacks Krafty Bob and Bill the GM jettisoned are now a combined 10-1 in the playoffs since the 2019 season, including two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl victory. I hope they are enjoying reaping what they sowed
9-1 right now, will be 10-1 if Brady wins tomorrow.

Jimmy went 2-1 in 2019 (had first round bye) and is 2-0 thus far this year.
Brady went 4-0 last year and is 1-0 thus far this year.

He won't be for long. He's active right now but he'll be the modern day marino and as time passes he won't be in the discussion.
Yup. Let's be real, the last two weeks a bunch of nuts were trying to say he was above Manning and possibly a top 3 of all time. Unless you have the hardware, there's just going to be time where newer fans don't remember the crazy passes and some young guy is wow'ing everyone and getting the attention. Mahomes in 5 or 6 years is going to be the guy who everyone is going nuts over

Ahhhhh, I was waiting for this strawman nonsense. "You don't hate on other obvious great QBs?! You must not be a patriots fan!" Nah, I just acknowledge greatness when I see it. I don't go around hating every opportunity I get. I don't live my life that way. It's a sad way to live life.

Rings have context. Even when Peyton won a ring he was still a longtime playoff choker and neither ring he got was driven by how he played. This stuff absolutely factors in when talking about all time greats (which you called Rodgers). Rodgers is an all time choke artist who barely ranks above Marino in context.

Are you one of those, "Lebron sucks because he lost so many times in the finals" kind of people? I need to know before I continue this conversation.
That analogy isn't relevant to Rodgers' career at all. No idea why you'd mention it otherwise.

No. You can't. If you consistently fold under pressure (ESPECIALLY when you've got 17 years of experience) you cannot be 'one of the greatest to ever play the game'.

Yep. Coming up short and folding are different things.

Either one here (Deebo, Brown) would have been buried for absolutely zero reason during months of the season due to the moronic OC. Look at all pro Onwenu not starting for 9 weeks, or Harris/Meyers not playing half of 2020 again for zero good reason.
you just needed an opening for josh McD bashing. :rolleyes:. On one hand when brady was here, he was carrying the OC. but when WRs cant play or anything else its the OC himself. BB is just watching all this without any care or interest right ?

Rings have context. Even when Peyton won a ring he was still a longtime playoff choker and neither ring he got was driven by how he played. This stuff absolutely factors in when talking about all time greats (which you called Rodgers).

If you don't think rodgers is a great QB you are objectively ignorant at best. There isn't much argument against that except, "hE hAsn'T wOn mOre thAn oNe SB...0-4 against the 49ers"

I don't hate rodgers like most fans intimidated by his greatest. Him losing means nothing to me because I don't hate or dislike him or the packers. I'm just happy I saw a good game.
i just hate the narrative around him . He creates the drama and then "overcomes" the drama to win the MVP. He is the best "passer" but brady had BB. After last yr, GB isnt surrounding him with any talent. I love the fact that the media wants to create some debate for brady everytime and they fall flat.

Yes exactly. Let your asberger's go for a second and enjoy the moment together of Aaron Rodgers sucking yet again.

It's Asperger. Assburger sounds like a shyt sandwich. Just figured if you are going to label someone autistic, might as well spell the disorder correctly.

Yes, Rodgers is colossal choker. Very Peytonish.

It's killing me the way all these smurfs on national tv are just handing Rodgers the MVP in the face of what was very possibly the best season of Brady's career. The third most yards in a season in history. Rodgers tops out at the 53rd most and he did that ELEVEN years ago.

Rings have context. Even when Peyton won a ring he was still a longtime playoff choker and neither ring he got was driven by how he played. This stuff absolutely factors in when talking about all time greats (which you called Rodgers). Rodgers is an all time choke artist who barely ranks above Marino in context.

Oh so now we are talking context? Yes I did call rodgers one of the all time greats. Literally damn near all statistics back my argument on that. How can you even watch football on any consistent basis and try to make the claim rodgers is not a great QB?

I don't hate rodgers like most fans intimidated by his greatest. Him losing means nothing to me because I don't hate or dislike him or the packers. I'm just happy I saw a good game.
Were you watching some old game from history on the NFL network or something?

Rodgers is turning 39 next December. And just looking at the dude he’s not gonna be playing into his 40s. This was likely his last chance to get another ring.

i just hate the narrative around him . He creates the drama and then "overcomes" the drama to win the MVP. He is the best "passer" but brady had BB. After last yr, GB isnt surrounding him with any talent. I love the fact that the media wants to create some debate for brady everytime and they fall flat.

Literally first reasonable response I've gotten. All though it doesn't bother me it at least makes sense and I get it.

Are you one of those, "Lebron sucks because he lost so many times in the finals" kind of people? I need to know before I continue this conversation.
Lebron actually made it to the finals. There's a big difference. Rodgers played in the NFC and didn't have to deal with Manning being their for half his career and Brady being there for all his career (until last season) and still only got out of the conference once. Manning made 4 Super Bowls and took a hit as a playoff choker. He got ass blasted at 15-1 in 2011, won an MVP in 2014 and then couldn't win with his defense giving him 6 turnovers, he had his silly little run the table thing in 2016 where everyone was cheerleading him and then got squashed and did nothing but garbage time, he finally got another home NFCCG after years with no excuses and couldn't capitalize on 3 late Brady picks, this year he's MVP and put up 10 points.

He's a great QB, but this is part of his legacy now. He's not going to be in that Brady or Montana tier. I wouldn't even put him up with Manning or Unitas. He's on Farve's level. Farve's the gunslinger and Rodgers is the efficient guy. But same overall results.

If you don't think rodgers is a great QB you are objectively ignorant at best. There isn't much argument against that except, "hE hAsn'T wOn mOre thAn oNe SB...0-4 against the 49ers"

You can’t just interchange terms like “a great QB” and “one of the greatest.”

Rodgers has immense talent. He’s a clear Hall of Famer. He’s a joke under adversity, too. He’s now lost:

In 2014 to the Sehawks when the Packers got FIVE turnovers and four INTs.

In 2020 to the Bucs when the Packers got THREE INTs on Brady.

In 2021 when the team allowed just 13 total points.

That’s 3 of his MVP seasons, all Super Bowl caliber teams where his teammates did their job and then some. I’d bring up 2015-18, but he sulked around those years while putting up below average per-play production, despite making sure his stats were protected.

Anyway: think what you want about Rodgers…it doesn’t make you more or less of a fan. In the Tampa thread, there’s been lots of discussion about how he crumbles under adversity and refuses to take necessary risks. Exactly what we saw tonight.

Objectively, that game was horrible. Both teams played like crap.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back