PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Titans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
No question. While they did run the ball better when Wynn returned this was never a "running" team.

Here it is 7 hours later and it's amazing how after 17 games no one can say definitively what their offensive identity was.

Crazy

No Develin, no Andrews, no Brown, hurt this offense. WRs and Brady weren’t on the same page all year and I don’t think that was all on the WRs not getting “separation” because the A22 in many games suggests otherwise. The Pats were mediocre, and that’s generous, all year long at TE. The offense didn’t have enough speed or power or finesse. So it had no identity.

Running and passing are so much easier when both are a legitimate threats and with the passing game so obviously limited they probably provided less play call surprises than any Patriots team in recent memory. Gronk was such a valuable chess piece as he forced the defense to go big or small to account for him and the Pats could then do whatever they thought worked best to exploit that alignment. Not having a dual TE threat and being so predicable offensively severely hindered this team as they so rarely seemed to catch the other team off guard. If they are somehow able to fill the TE void things would improve quickly.

Here it is 7 hours later and it's amazing how after 17 games no one can say definitively what their offensive identity was.
It's especially crazy if we consider how the general mood was regarding the offense after week 2.

I think in the end it comes down to two things:
1) Lack of talent after Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon flamed out. In the passing game nobody other than Edelman and White could get open or on the same page as Brady consistently. And in the running game the team neither had a dominant OL that could frequently open holes for the RBs to run through nor a back that could create something on his own.

2) Turnover and injuries in the receiving corps. The WR lineup starting the season and the one that ended it were quite different other than Edelman. As already mentioned, Brown and Gordon flamed out. Thomas got dumped to NY. Harry missed half the season sitting on IR. Sanu joined midway through the season and then dealt with injury (on top of not being able to get separation / on the same page as Brady). Edelman got really banged up towards the end. Dorsett fell out of the lineup. That made it really hard I think to find consistency in the passing game.

I was shocked that they didn’t try a QB sneak with brady there. We have seen it before.

It wasn’t there. They had the center covered well.

Florio’s headline called the loss stunning. I don’t think it was a stunning loss. The offense played exactly like they did much of the second half of the season.

Florio’s headline called the loss stunning. I don’t think it was a stunning loss. The offense played exactly like they did much of the second half of the season.

Well, that's for people outside the New England area. The general vibe that I'm getting is that (with apologies to the late Denny Green) the Pats are who we thought they were. Their glaring issues were the exact glaring issues in this game. No surprises or shock here if you've been paying attention all season.

Agree.

I wasn't stunned at all.

Yep. The Jets loss in 2010 was stunning. This one was the result of playing a better more rounded football team.

They're not that well-rounded. They have a punishing running game but their D is below average.

Game played out as a toss up and 2 or 3 plays changed the outcome. I thought the Pats would pull it out before the game started but I expected it to be decided in final few minutes and it was. After losing last week to Miami if anyone was surprised they lost a close game then they have not been paying attention.

Game played out as a toss up and 2 or 3 plays changed the outcome. I thought the Pats would pull it out before the game started but I expected it to be decided in final few minutes and it was. After losing last week to Miami if anyone was surprised they lost a close game then they have not been paying attention.

No one made a play.

Really, really hard to say this but it’s time to move on from Brady. My first born will be named after him and I will always appreciate what he has done. It’s just time. Edelman isn’t getting younger or any more durable. Let’s either roll with Stidham and rebuild around him or go with a bridge year with Fitz. Either one I’m okay with.

My first born will be named Brady Tom middle name Tom in honor of the greatest athlete I’ve ever seen. Hopefully my future wife is cool
With it cause it’s happening

I was shocked that they didn’t try a QB sneak with brady there. We have seen it before.

Because the DL were pinching...they weren’t going to let him sneak that’s why it wasn’t called.

Agree.

I wasn't stunned at all.

Yep. They got what they deserved. They were good against weaker team’s, but they got exposed against better team’s all season long. It’s going to be a really interesting offseason.

Good god bro. Can you seriously not read? I’m not posting the same damn answer fifty more times for you.

Your whole premise is based on something which hasnt actually happened in real life. Good luck in your fantasy world

Pity and sad...i was never excited...first time...no reaction after Miami loss...what a strange season and what an offseason we will have...
:(

Henry killed them, but it was a 3rd and 9 where they let a back up tight end beat them in a must stop situation.

My first born will be named Brady Tom middle name Tom in honor of the greatest athlete I’ve ever seen. Hopefully my future wife is cool
With it cause it’s happening
Be careful your future wife will not force you to name your son after her grandad for example Peyton or Eli :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey