PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread: Pats destroy the Browns

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

As perfect a win as youll see in the nfl. From the coaching to the execution, a real glimpse at what this team is capable of.

We go as our ol goes as i said earlier, they are finally full strength and playing well as a unit.

Imagine having Rham and harris healthy at the same time. Both are starter quality, so when one needs a breather nice to have little to no dropoff ( saw that with jj when rham needed a breather).

I think this year is thus far the best job ive seen by our defensive coaching staff. They are not the most talented ive seen but they play so well together. Only one really bad outing this year against dallas and I personally think they were being asked to do too much that day.

Only disappointed in meyers as a pr. Weve got to have someone that can fill in at least somewhat alright there.

Hard not to be excited for the stretch run. This was our best game of the year and barring alot of injuries I expect to see the momentum continue.
On the defensive side, I think we're seeing what happens when 2 players (Judon and Barmore) can consistently pressure the QB. Everyone plays better. We really haven't see this in a very long time.

This is worthy of its own thread, actually. It was great to see the Patriots picking consensus top-flight players with most of their picks rather than guys who made us go "Who?" "From Where?"

The gem of the last two years is Kyle Dugger from Lenoir Rhyne. He is an excellent safety and really brought the lumber on that kickoff return in the 4th quarter.
Are these two sentences supposed to go together? With a disclaimer, like "on the other hand..."

On the defensive side, I think we're seeing what happens when 2 players (Judon and Barmore) can consistently pressure the QB. Everyone plays better. We really haven't see this in a very long time.

Pats haven't played this well since 2018. Not saying we are playing as well as we did in a super bowl year, but certainly we are better now than at any point of 2019 or 2020.

I agree. It hit the ground. I was surprised it wasn’t challenged and that the Pats took their time before running the next play.
Thank goodness someone else saw that, it was making me crazy.

Also, good thing the people giving the Goodell emote aren't refs!

Best W of the year so far. After getting pushed around at the beginning of the game, the defensive front controlled the line of scrimmage. Mayfield was never comfortable when he was in after that. Rham should be the starter, moving forward. He’s gotten better in pass pro, he’s a threat to defenses on both the ground and through the air, and he’s a punishing back. Harris should be the change of pace guy from now on.
Love Harris’s game... don’t love how he can’t seem to stay on the field. Not his fault obviously but still.

Last edited:
Great win, but I'll go to my grave saying Hunter Henry's 19 yard over the shoulder catch in the second wasn't a catch. The ball bounced off the ground. But I simply cannot find the close up slow motion replay.

I watched that a couple of times. The ball can touch the ground if he has control. He did, it was a catch

I dunno but I like the 1-2 punch of Harris and Rham. Two dynamic backs with different styles, which makes it tough on defenses.

I like both backs, they're both physical power backs with trucking yet nimble. Perfect for this offense. No more of these soft 1st round picks who fall at first sign of contact

HHH!

Happy Homer Here!

BB rebuilt a team into a contender in two years - 1 to clear the books, 1 to sign the middle class.

The contributions from the young'uns - Dugger, Uche, Barmore, Meyers, Bentley (sorry, DK,F the guy is getting better every week), Jackson, Onwenu, Gunner...and of course, Jones. Hell, even Harry played a fairly large role today...all of it bodes very well for this team.

Today, FA's Mills, Phillips (keep him, please), Godchaux, Judon (absolute steal), Wise (he's turning into a playmaker), Bourne (absolute steal in FA), Henry, Andrews, Karras, Guy, and Agholor were right where we need them to be.

Bourne 4/98 1 td
Henry 4/37 2 tds
Agholor 2/21 + two 10+ yard PI's

They've got talent, lucked into, then developed, their QB in short order, CAP flexibility going forward, and a team that truly seems to like playing together.

Before the year, I said "somewhere between 9-8 and 12-5." After losing three games they could have won in the first 5 weeks, I didn't think it possible. Now, I'll be disappointed if they win only 9.

Last edited:
this still proves nothing.

we won against Panthers who were without CMC (just played a few snaps as a distraction against NE and has over 150 YDS vs Arizona) and against Cleveland without Chubb and Hunt.

this NE team has to grow to make it to playoffs this year. I see some serious teams on our schedule.

Some folks going to start talking about vampire voodoo stuff soon:

this still proves nothing.

we won against Panthers who were without CMC (just played a few snaps as a distraction against NE and has over 150 YDS vs Arizona) and against Cleveland without Chubb and Hunt.

this NE team has to grow to make it to playoffs this year. I see some serious teams on our schedule.
We're a serious team on their schedule.

Why do certain posters always disappear when the pats win. They were all over these threads in the beginning of the season gloating how they were right pointing out why the patriots were not good

are they really so chicken sh it fake fans that they can’t give credit to the team ever . They must be miserable people

You know the answer to this.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back