PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats beat the Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this D hasn't exactly face a murderer's row of QBs, but to do not only week after week, but basically drive after drive what they are doing to opponents is simply amazing. I find myself astonished whenever a QB manages to complete 10+ yard pass on them. o_O

Got to pull off a WR trade soon.

Diggs only had 4 receptions today while Theilen blew up.

Instant thoughts.

They won this game 33-7 playing a C+/B- game. They could have won this 50-0 if they did just a few things better. I still am mad about that non-call on the TD. Was an OBVIOUS and BLATANT hold to open up that hole.

Dorsett is the only injury they had today. I doubt he'll be ready for thrusday with a hammy. Hopefully it is minor and he can be back after the Giants. They can't afford to lose him for too long.

The OL had maybe their best and worst halves of the year IMO. I'm not happy overall with the play but I think it will be worked out. Hopefully when Wynn comes back it will really start to look good. Karras particularly was worrying. There is no option really to upgrade him. He had his worst game today and just needs to play better.

White with a heavy workload today. Hopefully Burkhead is back for Thursday. I don't want to see them have to look him a lot back to back games with such a short break.

Kicker issues still... But not really much worse than Gost had been this year. I'm not sold on this guy being the answer for the rest of the year. I hope they aren't afraid to try someone else. They probably will see how he does against the Giants, but he needs to be better than he was today. 1 missed XP and 1 almost missed XP that had to clang in.

Edelman with a nice 100 yard game. Really gutting it out there. Hopefully after Thursday the rest will do him some good.

Defense again was absolutely fantastic. Gilmore was maybe their worst CB today. Not to say he played badly. That is just how good the other guys played.

Just too much fun watching this D. Anything the offense gives us (and they will give us plenty) is just extra enjoyment. Offensive Line is the only question mark (it seems) and Dante will get it all working in time for the Halloween run.

Not suprised by the big win, but not taking it for granted. For a little bit looked like we were gonna let the bad team hang around and who knows what might happen but they started clicking on O finally in the 3rd quarter.

No suprises defensively, offensively it was a nice performance which is the side we were all obviously concerned about. Though it was a bad opponent that's good to see especially the run game and Sony having a good game. Last year our passing game was very limited as well but having a good run game is what saved us down the stretch, so we'll need to see more of this.

Despite the missed XP nice to see Nugent hit a couple field goals.

Julian Edelman‏Verified account @Edelman11

Strong end to the business trip
1f9f3.png

Next stop: Foxboro
1f3e1.png

#TeamW

I really think the difference between a mediocre offense and a pretty good one is Isaiah Wynn. When the OL isn’t a sieve they look fine

And a blocking, pass-threat TE. If Watson can make it back along with Wynn, the front six is so much better. Next up is a beatable NY Giants team that is a slight step up in class.

Sorry CBS, but the Pats D already met my swat needs for now :D

Whatever adjustments we made at halftime were huge! The second half was gold. The first half was tin.

Our defense is unbelievable.

Newhouse and lacrosse are really bad jokes.

And a blocking, pass-threat TE. If Watson can make it back along with Wynn, the front six is so much better. Next up is a beatable NY Giants team that is a slight step up in class.

I think that giants game could be tricky in a short week. Better be prepared.

Who the hell is Henry??
It’s a joke that has fallen completely flat and nobody gets. @Triumph won't explain why he/she keeps saying that.

The only thing I can think of is that names are constantly butchered on this board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday