PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats beat the Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
It's great to start the season 5-0. Other than one play, our defense looked great again today. Our offense played better in the 2nd half, hopefully something to build on going forward.
Our O-line needs to improve though.

No significant injuries today which is great, we will have to monitor Dorsett for this week.

It's nice to be 5-0 with a short week coming up against probably my most hated NFC team.

Let's discuss!!!!

Two different halves for the O, love their half time adjustments , if they play like that , no one will be able to beat them !

The 2nd half offensive performance is something to build on. But the left tackle spot is still a concern.

I've run out of great things to say about this defense. Simply amazing.

Game of two halves for the O. The D is still playing extremely well and cohesive team ball. I'm very concerned about the OL at this point.

The 2nd half offensive performance is something to build on. But the left tackle spot is still a concern.

I've run out of great things to say about this defense. Simply amazing.
RT has looked worse all season than LT, IMHO.

Quick! Someone rub my belly. :) (5-0 is pretty good)

stock-photo-adult-cat-resting-sleeping-gray-lazy-mammal-pet-back-59de6a27-5723-45c3-98b4-fc97b8d0f43b.jpg

I really think the difference between a mediocre offense and a pretty good one is Isaiah Wynn. When the OL isn’t a sieve they look fine

OL and WR depth are my only concerns. I think the OL will improve even before Wynn returns, it's hard to stay cohesive and efficient without personnel consistency.

Good D other than that one run, there were six Pats there and they all let him squirm through.

And at the end also Nugent was ok ;)

This offense will be fine when Henry comes back.

Overall another good game by Brady with the INT really being the only stupid mistake in the game. Yeah he missed Gordon but then there were also a couple of drops.

The run game made additional baby steps forward with Michel showing how dangerous he can be if he gets some space to navigate. Add in his progress in the pass game and this has been a really good game by him.

Also impressed with what Jakob is giving this team already. On the one hand it is a bit lucky that this is who they got assigned but then all the credit to the coaching staff to coaching him up to look like a competent NFL starter at FB.

With the offense it took some time for McDaniels & co. to find the mismatches they wanted to attack but when they did it was like a shark sensing blood in the water.

I know people disliked the trick play on fourth down but I honestly like it when they try unconventional stuff now and then. Yeah you might look like a doofus if it fails but if you are not concerned with that then trying things is just an expression of creativity and constant evolution.

Which brings me to Bolden's TD. Everyone giving McDaniels **** for the trick play should give him credit for this. That was clearly the matchup they wanted and they were able to construct it. Obviously Brady executed beautifully but the point still stands.

The OL and the passing game will get better post BYE. Give Scar, McDaniels and BB some time the same way they needed it for the defense last year.

What can be said about the defense ? They are awesome. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe