PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start Stidham on Thursday and I easily see the Pats losing by a similar score as they won today
That’s completely BS because the gameplan would be similar to Cam. They would still run the ball. They would not suddenly throw the ball 45 times. The QB is pretty much a non factor on this team this year.

Stidham will be on the roster next year and if he is not who cares. I just hope your soulmate Cam isn’t because he can’t play

That’s completely BS because the gameplan would be similar to Cam. They would still run the ball. They would not suddenly throw the ball 45 times. The QB is pretty much a non factor on this team this year.

Stidham will be on the roster next year and if he is not who cares. I just hope your soulmate Cam isn’t
I don’t follow.

Stid would get the tar beaten out of him by that pass rush. It would be ugly. Like almost all 4th round pick QBs he would be easily rattled.

I’ll take 60 (3 td’s) and a win over 360 in a L

Will say this about Cam, we are something like 17/19 on 3rd and 1's this year He makes us alot better there and should in the red zone if Josh continues letting him use his legs. So at least there's that. I wish he'd show a little more accuracy and poise as a thrower, but he is what he is, gotta make use of him however we can.

I don’t follow.

Stid would get the tar beaten out of him by that pass rush. It would be ugly.
Cam has proved this year that he can’t handle the pass rush either so I don’t really see the difference

Cam has proved this year that he can’t handle the pass rush either so I don’t really see the difference
I do. Cam can beat a team like the Rams. He has won in this league this year and Stid hasn’t.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Will say this about Cam, we are something like 17/19 on 3rd and 1's this year He makes us alot better there and should in the red zone if Josh continues letting him use his legs. So at least there's that. I wish he'd show a little more accuracy and poise as a thrower, but he is what he is, gotta make use of him however we can.
The thing is you can clearly see that they don’t want him to throw more than 20 passes a game and they are not comfortable with throwing on 3rd and long. They have maximized what we can do with do with him. I don’t think it can get much better than that.

I do. Cam can beat a team like the Rams. He has won in this league this year and Stid hasn’t.
Okay.

That’s what I said, soulmate. Love is blind.

Cam cannot beat the Rams, the team can.

Okay.

That’s what I said, soulmate. Love is blind.

Cam cannot beat the Rams, the team can.
Stidham is not an NFL caliber starting QB. Seems like Bill agrees with that.

Cam isn’t anymore
He’s still better than Stidham and it seems Bill agrees with that. Otherwise a switch would have been made already.

Stidham is not an NFL caliber starting QB. Seems like Bill agrees with that.
I tend to agree. Though I think they still have that interest in Stidham. He’s looked like crap in practice and the games but we haven’t seen him play a full game. The sample size remains small and they clearly came out and had him throwing. Looked fine but it was Michel & Gunner who made the plays more so than him.

He can’t throw anymore.
but he brings more than just throwing I guess. Why teams don’t stack the box for the run and force him to throw more is beyond me. I think better coaches will

Haha. You noticed that? Yes, I saw that. And on offense, the Chargers had the bright idea to try to throw long against our DBs. They didn't seem to notice that we lack speed up front and we get torn to ribbons both stopping the run and short passes.

But hey, if you want to dare us to run and you insist on throwing at Gilmore and JC, be my guest!

Harris>Michel

The difference is night and day. Harris has great initial burst, cutting ability, gets skinny and is physical.

Michel looks a step too slow but will be a fine backup though.

I’ll take 60 (3 td’s) and a win over 360 in a L
Sure, but if you think that's going to cut it in the playoffs, ive got a great bridge to sell you

If the Pats can get someone like Alex Smith, Garrapolo, or Brissett to man the helm for a couple of years until a youngster is ready, I'd be happy with that
I'm on the fence about that. I want a team that can stand in the way of the Chiefs fir the next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back